Black Americans are fired up and flocking to the polls

Numbers are right but the story itself is deceptive horseshit. These people are electing Kamala Harris president.

Fred Bloggs

Rasmussen reports 31% Black support for Trump. His Latino support is way up too. Given the quantization effect of the electoral college, it doesn't take a lot of votes to tip the election. And the polls always underestimate his support.

A growing number of prominent (and stylish) Black people are vocal Trump supporters. Having Thomas swear in Comey was a nice touch.

I think a lot of Black and Latino people realize that they have been selling their votes to Democrats too cheap. And that they share a lot of interests with the common population; they want to be Americans.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

They've probably been selling their votes to Democrats too cheap, but when "I think you share a lot of interests with the common population, you want to be Americans..." is the best sales pitch a Republican can come up with, well...

Find some black or Latino Americans and tell them that line verbatim, lol. See how it goes.

Reply to
bitrex

A lot were content to sit 2016 out but the President referring to white supremacists as "very fine people" probably wasn't the best sales tactic overall if increasing popularity among that demographic was what he was going for.

Reply to
bitrex

ple are electing Kamala Harris president.

d/index.html

You're missing the point. When black people see the opportunity to elect an other black president- don't get in their way- they're heading to the polls big time and with determination. If they lose the election, which they won 't, expect more riots.

Trump is going to lose by 150 electoral votes minimum.

Trump's America is a white America, and it will take white America to vote him out, which they will do because a lot of them are disgusted by his cras sness. These people are voting Trump out and not big fans of voting Biden i n. The minority participation simply relieves the burden on the white Ameri cans needed to vote him out.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

I'm mostly disgusted by his inability to be anything resembling a competent President. Trumps are a dime-a-dozen, most of them are crass most of the time, most of them go nowhere in life, I grew up around South Boston I've known fifty dudes like Trump over the years and a good fraction of them are dead or in jail.

Reply to
bitrex

Somewhat regrettably Trump is a teetotaler if he'd been a booze-hound or druggie he would've been history long ago. Not getting into booze or drugs and having a hundred million bucks from Dad is really all it takes to be very successful in America.

Reply to
bitrex

"they lose the election" is racist. As "If you don't vote for Biden, you ain't Black."

You are saying that Black people can't think for themselves and have personal agendas. That their race is all they have.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

people are electing Kamala Harris president.

trnd/index.html

t another black president- don't get in their way- they're heading to the p olls big time and with determination. If they lose the election, which they won't, expect more riots.

ote him out, which they will do because a lot of them are disgusted by his crassness. These people are voting Trump out and not big fans of voting Bid en in. The minority participation simply relieves the burden on the white A mericans needed to vote him out.

Sounds like you bought into the MSM character assassination narrative. Trum p has accomplished quite a lot- a lot more than the previous administration

- a LOT more- and for the better most of the time. He did make a few mistak es by listening to the fanatics, like going after the ACA, a position which has been mitigated somewhat by limiting the new ruling, if any, only to st ates participating in the lawsuit.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

It's a racial issue so of course any commentary is racist by definition.

They think for themselves about as well as any other racial/ethnic group in the same socio- economic demographic, which is to say not very well at all.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

A lot of what, a lot of stuff Republicans like, sure. I'm not a Republican.

Reply to
bitrex

To be a Republican I suppose I'd have to give a shit if there were 10 million more Hispanics here tomorrow than yesterday, or if Spanish were the second official language of the United States. I don't.

Reply to
bitrex

That's your definition.

How many latino and black engineers have you hired? Or even worked with?

Racist.

se people are electing Kamala Harris president.

on-trnd/index.html

it

ys

ot

ect another black president- don't get in their way- they're heading to the polls big time and with determination. If they lose the election, which th ey won't, expect more riots.

That's the definition. Is there some other identifiable racial group riotin g, looting, burning down cities, doing billions of dollars damage to privat e and public property, and murdering law enforcement? I guess you call iden tifying these people by race is racist.

Now that's racist. What else do you call inferring characteristics of entir e race based upon a very small sampling of individuals. Do you realize that ?

in the same socio- economic demographic, which is to say not very well at all.

It's not racist when they're lumped in with everyone else.

Reply to
Fred Bloggs

"If you want to finally destroy the electoral college, you should hope that Biden somehow manages to lose the popular vote, because of court rulings prematurely stopping vote counting in some states, but narrowly prevails in the electoral college. It will be gone before Amy Coney Barrett gets her new couture robe blessed by Cardinal Dolan?.."

Reply to
bitrex

Not true. The socioeconomic-demographic pretty much defines the school district they group up in and the quality of the primary and secondary schools they attend, which is rock-bottom.

Nothing racist about that. The fact that US society has a history of not paying non-white racial/ethnic groups decent salaries is a historical fact and it does have socioeconomic consequences.

John Larkin went to Tulane, and it shows.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

ople are electing Kamala Harris president.

nd/index.html

That is just too funny!!! But it would be really hard for Biden to lose th e popular vote.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricketty C

Her religion is the Constitution. She intends to actually follow the oath she has sworn. That attitude is mocked a lot these days.

Compare the American and French revolutions. We had the anchor of the Constitution. They had whatever they thought was right whenever, so drifted all over the place.

Russian and Chinese revolutions ditto. Lots of people died.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin

I think that the US Constitution is an effect, and not a cause.

The American Revolution arose from the educated and wealthy class, and not from the starving poor. This made all the difference.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

I think of it like a set of unprovable mathematical axioms from which theorems and applications (laws and conventions) evolve. "We hold these truths to be self-evident" was a conscious declaration of fundamental and binding assumptions. This was, of course, an effect of some very thoughtful people influenced by the Scottish enlightment. But it nailed things down.

The French deliberately relied more on what felt was right, what they amusingly called "reason". They got guillotines and Napoleon and war.

The US was fairly prosperous in 1793. It didn't have masses of starving poor. They were manufactured later.

Science teaches us to doubt.

  Claude Bernard
Reply to
jlarkin