bit-slice textbook

It just sorta popped up from hearing about people using antique dos software dating back to the mid-80s to putz with text files within the context of a modern office and entertainment o/s. I think it should be named after Al Aho, Peter Weinberger and Brian Kernighan (apb, awb, kwa, ... or some such).

--
Grizzly H.
Reply to

That sounds awkward but it would be a pearl of a language.

--
Rich Webb     Norfolk, VA
Reply to

;-) ...Jim Thompson

sounds vaguely like perl.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

So you copied the first paragraph from the wikipedia entry :)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

te:

or

have no idea where i got it from. it has been sat on

I've seen one written in python. Very impressively fast, even on large files, and even on a real-time data output stream!

Reply to
Robert Macy

Or possibly SNOBOL. ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

someone, give this man a gold star!

--
dave hillstrom    mhm15x4    meow

"I can't find my puppy, can you help me find him?  I think he went
 into this cheap motel room."
Reply to
dave hillstrom

idea where i got it from. it has been sat on

i read the other day george r r martin writes all his books using it.

i had a problem with columns the other week when i was helping my stepdaughter with her cv. i made her do the whole thing over instead of using a template as she had done.

Reply to
meowmix

tab one, pearl one. i wonder how long it'd take to knit a digital jumper?

Reply to
meowmix

te:

or

have no idea where i got it from. it has been sat on

ghter with her cv. i made her do the whole thing

is that like taking away her calculator and making her do the math longhand?

Reply to
Robert Macy

Phil Hobbs? I know a Phil Hobbs - IBM, right?

Laser noise canceller...

-- Grizzly H.

Reply to
mixed nuts

Nice try with the cross-post.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510
845-480-2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Microprocessor

have no idea where i got it from. it has been sat on

=20

I did most of that (no indexed arrays) in a macro in MultiEdit for Dos 20 years ago. Programmers editors are usually really powerful, see emacs.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

uses a

What ever happened to ICEBOL?

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Or SAGYTITS?

Reply to
TheQuickBrownFox

no idea where i got it from. it has been sat on

stepdaughter with her cv. i made her do the whole thing

she was ok until she got to the 5th column, then some kind of political spirit hit her.

Reply to
meowmix