Saturated 16 by 32 bit multiply

Hi.

I'm working on a 55x processor and need an efficient 16 by 32 bit saturated multiply. Since I would like to have my code portable, I don't want to use assembly. I have used the gsm.h / assembly intrinsic. Can anyone help me with a suggestion? I can also use a 32 by 32 bit (saturated) algorithm.

Br. Morten

Reply to
Morten Mossige

hi do u require fractional or integer multiplication wht kind of multiplier does 55x have

16x16 ? if it supports 16x16 multiplication then 16x32 mult shld be implemented in 4 instructions

x : 16 bit variable y : 32 bit variable

temp1 = x * y[0:15] ---(i) temp2 = x * y[16:31] ---(ii) result = saturated addition of temp2

Reply to
kapil