Best thermal paste tests

Best thermal paste tests:

Jan Panteltje

Do they try to deceive when they price their top pick by the gram? On average, how many CPUs will five grams cover? They also low ball the $20.46 plus shipping price available at newegg. Maybe it all works out for a guy who builds one or two PCs a year. In my particular case, this is a better bargain:

Danke,
Reply to
Don

Do they try to deceive when they price their top pick by the gram? On average, how many CPUs will five grams cover? They also low ball the $20.46 plus shipping price available at newegg. Maybe it all works out for a guy who builds one or two PCs a year. In my particular case, this is a better bargain:

If you look very closely, you can see three white tubs next to the big silver can. Mouser sells a small white tub of grease for $155.85.

Danke,

Reply to
Don

It doesn't sound like they tested thermal conductivity. They probably believed claims.

The Dow Corning is rated 2.5 w/mk, which is the only one I believe.

This sounds like a weird gamer cult.

"Liquid metal thermal paste is a mix of alloys which are called Galinstan. Major mixtures include indium, tritium and ion."

On a sunny day (Sun, 25 Sep 2022 09:34:55 -0700) it happened John Larkin snipped-for-privacy@highlandSNIPMEtechnology.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, 'tritium' based thermal paste? I would not want it around:

Tritium has a half-life of 12.3 years...

I have a nice tritium light in the shower.. enough light to see when it is dark...

And 'ion' ?? makes no sense. If you scroll down to 'Composition' it shows something different Gallium Indium Tin and Zinc..

So do not believe everything written well some thing anyways:

:-) Yea!! He was just a pawn in their game....

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

søndag den 25. september 2022 kl. 18.35.06 UTC+2 skrev John Larkin:

16.5 w/mk

but it eats aluminium so you need to use a copper heatsink or heatspreder

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

"Don" snipped-for-privacy@crcomp.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@crcomp.net:

The 'paste' used by chip makers to attach their dies to the chip substrate media is most commonly a Silver filled conductive epoxy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Some of the stuff in the Teds list claim 70 w/mk.

Metal alloys have bad thermal and electrical conductivity. A CPU against a very flat copper heat sink probably doesn't benefit much from an exotic thermal paste. The important thing for a filler compound is good flow and small grain size.

The universal 16.5 number is suspect too. People probably copied people on that one. Real w/mk measurements wouldn't be all the same.

DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno