Solder Paste

Does anyone know how solder paste is made? Is it simply solder particles in a flux paste? What is the general method of creating the particles?

Reply to
Jon Slaughter

"Jon's Laughter"

**See:

Wanker.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

LOL I hope 2010 will have many Slaughter moments like these to keep me entertained! The guy's a total buffoon, I wish there were a way to track all his awful projects.

Reply to
a7yvm109gf5d1

Solder balls (particles) used in solder paste are very tightly controlled elements of what makes up a solder paste.

Their size and make up are precision controlled.

They are probably made by spraying molten solder mist inside a vacuum chamber or other air free environment.

Little tiny balls of solder...

Then they sieve it and classify the balls, and recycle those that do not go through the sieve.

Reply to
lurch

Like a Google Groups based NetZero asswipe has any more depth of knowledge in the industry. That in fact, proves that you lack much.

You are more likely yet another retarded dope that has been promoted beyond his level of competency by some other dope. You do not know anything about him or any other member of the group, asswipe.

Reply to
Bart!

Hmm, pity the wiki article says that the flux is only a kind of glue and misses the chemical properties.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

"George Herold"

** Click on the word "flux " - d*****ad.

This is how Wiki works and avoids defining every term over and over.

.... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

They were embarrassed to say that it was basically tree sap.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

I like the little desktop machines that take say a 1.5 Lb jar of paste and slowly "churns" it without even opening it up.

When you are ready to use it, the paste is as creamy as it gets and if done properly, at the perfect temperature for screening.

Reply to
lurch

...WHAT do you have against trees to "dis" them so?

Reply to
Robert Baer

Don't be so hard on the guy. You couldn't act any other way with half a brain either.

Reply to
Jon Slaughter