heatsink paste

Hi all,

I have small heatsink problem where I need to "fill" a small gap with something heat conductive, I could fill the gap with paste though the gap is around 1mm and paste might not be a good idea ? is there anything else which I could fill the hole with paste wise ?

thanks chris

Reply to
exxos

is

Paste isn't meant to be used like car body filler. Get (or design or make) a properly fitting heatsink then use the paste in the normal way.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Even the very best silver-filled grease is 1/32nd the thermal conductivity of Aluminum. See

An Indium gasket is probably the best you can do. Try to eliminate the gap.

Steve J. Noll | Ventura California | | The Used High-Tech Equipment Dealer Directory |

| The Peltier Device Information Site: |

Steve J. Noll

Copper sheet

is

Reply to