be an engineer!

lunatic fringe electronics

I'm glad that there are people who do pure research, but if you read through a bunch of the questions on Academia Stack Exchange:

I believe many people would think "So people actually pay money to sign on for this stuff?"

Reply to
bitrex

Not so sure on the validity of those numbers.

There's a *LOT* of unemployed engineers from all fields across Australia at the moment.

Over here we have a system called "457 visas". Skilled folk from overseas are allowed to be brought in and employed if locals are not available.

There are many fields from engineering to trades that have huge unemployment numbers while we have large numbers of 457's filling jobs.

Employers like 457's because they can easily terminate them if they don't work out or the work disappears.

Reply to
BM2335