Barbecue (the last word)

I noticed the post on barbecue, so like an idiot I thought I'd post this.

But I do have something unique to offer so I really want to share.

Besides, a little off topic stuff is ok once in a while.

Here's what you do.....

** Get a Weber kettle

** Put some machine screws in the 3 legs so the damn thing doesn't come apart when you pick it up to move it.

** Get rid of the ridiculous aluminum ash catcher and the 3 grips that hold it.

Now for the modifications....

** Cut out about a 3" x 3" opening on one far end of the grate with some bolt cutters (to put wood chips on the charcoal).

** Get a 10.00 galvanized bucket and drill a few small drainage holes (for any rain). Set this bucket under the weber for collecting ash. (No need to empty for a long time).

** Get an old casserole dish or something that can take the heat for a water pan... 8" x 8" or so.

As a smoker, this thing will work great.

Simply build the (Kingsford) charcoal fire on one END of the weber and make sure your opening is over the fire.

The water pan sits near, but doesn't cover the opening....fill it with water. (It will keep steaming away for 3 hours or so).

Put your chicken, pork....whatever on the other side.

Cover and leave it alone till your ready to smoke with some wet hickory chips. 2 1/2 -- 3 hours for chicken depending on how much charcoal you used. Open the bottom vent and the top halfway. (Make sure bottom isn't covered with ash and has good air flow).

I like to smoke the *^$% out of it for the last 20 minutes or so.

If you have a weber now...try it.

Reply to
Michael