Audit

Electron Pusher was a common name for the wireless operator in SciFi novels in the '50s. Probably originated in WWII.

--
Regards,

Adrian Jansen           adrianjansen at internode dot on dot net
Note reply address is invalid, convert address above to machine form.
Reply to
Adrian Jansen

We had an audit today from one of our sister plants, something that big management does to get their nose brown for promotions.

This guy walks into my area, approaches my desk, looks around at the instruments and said "What Do you do?", For which I answered, "I make electrons move". And then he and his following sheep walked over to the next victim with a strange look on his face as he looked back!

I hope I wasn't being considered for a raise!

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

Whenever somebody asks me, "And what do you do?" I generally answer them, "Oh, pretty much whatever I can get away with."

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Why would anyone ever consider you for a raise?

Michael A. Terrell

On a sunny day (Thu, 13 Oct 2011 21:14:35 -0400) it happened Jamie wrote in :

Very nice. I remember one of those guys doing it to me, dont remember what what I answered, but he did the same with my boss, and wrote very negatively about that in his report. We all got a copy of the report, boss came in, I mentioned the report, he said: 'scrap it.' I asked what happened to that guy ?, He fired him :-) :-) :-) LOL

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"Frankly, I have no idea! The TEMP agency said this company wanted

300 temps for ONE DAY ONLY. Something about an 'audit'?? But it sure beats sitting out in the Sun digging that DITCH that I was digging YESTERDAY..."
Reply to
Don Y

I see your point. I think if I were in the same situation, I'd also accept the 1 day job.

As a child, I watched my father struggle with life in general, with the finances and all. I think he did very well with what he had to work with.

But I think the fact that my father tried so hard made me try even harder as an example.

He is still alive and doing well and I help him a lot, now that he is getting up there in age. I think a lot of the younger generation expect too much when they walk out that door at 18.

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie