OT: Skype Crap

Somehow Skype managed to sneak by me and install a "Click to Call" item in my Firefox toolbar

And it won't uninstall.

Furthermore Skype "Support" won't accept my "comment", claiming I don't have an Internet connection, when I do.

How do I kill the SOB? ...Jim Thompson

The right-click "uninstall" just does weird things, but I was able to kill it in "Add-ons" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I've heard that writing a problem or telling someone a problem helps to one to solve the problem by themselves. It's messing with different feedback to the brain.

Reply to
D from BC

Revo Unistaller. Or just rip Skype out by the roots. I haven't used Skype since I bought a Magic Jack.

Michael A. Terrell

Yep, often works for me.

Also makes me look daft as well.

Reply to
Dennis

My major Hong Kong client is fond of Skype. ...Jim Thompson

With a Blackberry for backup, no doubt? ;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Indeed ;-) ...Jim Thompson

This is why people stick to version 4.2.

Reply to
qrk

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

See my rant re: Skype a week or so ago. You have to be very careful - they try their best to load bloatware, toolbars and other horseshit on your computer.

Are you getting the nagware "update" every few days, even if you update? I'm so sick of it, I'm considering looking elsewhere for VoIP.

FYI - I too have tried to complain via the feedback form, and it says I don't have an Internet connection (when I obviously do.) My guess is the update is to fix the feedback form. Kind of a perverse system, if you think about it.

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

=A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

Or XP.

I find most updates don't do anything but wreck your computer, particularly programs that have nothing whatsoever to do with whatever is being updated!!

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

Uninstall Firefox and re-try. If that does not work, dig into the registry after the uninstall as well as snoop on the HD for all FireFox related files (check EVERY folder that has the word "temp" or "tmp" as a part od folder name) and delete them.

Reply to
Robert Baer

CCLEANER has some nice tools. The uninstall works much faster than the one in the MS control panel. The startup tool is more friendly than msinfo32.exe. It allows you to disable or uninstall entries in the startup. Shows the registry key or file that is responsible for this also.

Reply to
Oppie

You might also try the free versions of VS Revo's Uninstaller followed by the registry tool from Resplendance. Create a current copy of your registry first so that in case you don't like these tools, they can be removed cleanly.

Jon

That explains why I always find the answer right after posting the problem!

Reply to
Robert Macy