Audiphoolery

Are any imported?

I don't trust that engine. The 5l V-8 is a really nice (and extremely reliable) engine.

Reply to
krw

Paid $11k for my 1997 T-100 in 2000, it's our daily driver, just clicked over 100,000 miles. Does everything I need it to do. The local Ford dealer has a commercial running featuring a Pickup truck for $54,900. That's insane. Mikek

amdx

I didn't buy mine from Henry Ford. I bought it, new, in 2014. I got a good deal on it but you just have to look.

It depends on what you want. You can spend ~half that on almost the same truck. It's what people want.

Reply to
krw

I didn't buy mine from Kiichiro Toyoda either! But mine gets me from point A to B with air conditioning, easy driving and good gas mileage and it looks good.

Also, I don't need remote operated running boards to get in it. :-)

amdx

Prices change a little in a decade-and-a-half.

Email?

Reply to
krw

A confusing article. Small cars perform poorly, but the Spark earns a TOP SAFETY PICK. But then they say that they have poor structure...but structure doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a vehicle's weight. There are plenty of larger vehicles that perform just as "bad" or worse than the Spark, particularly in the IIHS-designed "small overlap" test.

And also "crash test ratings can't be compared across weight classes."

So occupants hit in a small car by an SUV might be more likely to be injured than if hit by a similarly-sized car. Um, duh.

And what about this article that quotes the IIHS "chief research officer" that claims "Small Cars Perform Well":

Maybe there's some large distinction between a "small" and "micro" car on average, but the difference between the Spark and a Ford Focus is maybe 350 pounds.

The IIHS also has a vested interest in having larger, more expensive cars on the road. Some real cynics have argued that tests like the "small overlap" don't have much to say about how well a car actually protects in the majority of real crashes, but how well it keeps insurance company payouts low.

Reply to
bitrex

Keep in mind these are MSRPs (on both vehicles, not including incentives.)

Add the supercab, keep the 8 foot bed and V8, drop the 4x4, and have no other packages or options, everything else stock and with a black paint job and the MSRP drops to 33k

Reply to
bitrex

They are "historical terms that under-represent current payload capacity and refer to vehicle class" i.e. an F-150 is a half-ton, an F-250 is three-quarter ton etc.

Reply to
bitrex

Reply to
David Brown

Huh, I didn't know that. I wish they still made some smaller trucks. I've got an old Nissan (1984, 720, 4WD king cab) that I love. But it needs a lot of work to be street legal. (It plows my driveway and hauls logs out of my woods.)

George h.

Reply to
George Herold

I like it. Puts lots of money from people who can afford it into the pockets of (typically) small shops.

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

I think taking advantage of the mentally ill would be a violation of ethical business practices.

Even the rich mentally ill.

You might gain $6800 selling a botique IEC cable, but you will have certainly sold your soul. ;-)

Reply to
bitrex

Makes up for McDonalds Japan's numerous crimes against humanity:

Reply to
bitrex

I believe that was tried. The oil or gas or whatever was too radioactive to use.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Project Plowshare (three detonations, in 1967, 1969, and 1973).

33-kiloton warheads.

The project was canceled after 1973, due to a combination of concerns about the radioactivity of the gas, and an analysis which indicated that the cost was prohibitive (they wouldn't have earned back as much as 50% of the investment).

Reply to
Dave Platt

Den tirsdag den 7. februar 2017 kl. 21.07.40 UTC+1 skrev Dave Platt:

they had quite a few wacky ideas for what you could use nukes for back then

Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Teller was kind of a loonie. I met Edward Teller once, in the security entrance building at LLNL. They treated him like God.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What is it, a Prius? Only douchebags drive those kind of cars and youre a first class douchebag.

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Ummm, at LLNL (and a few other places) he **WAS** god!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Also: