Audiophools

Nah. 'Magic' capacitors are Ok.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

There is a major magazine ("The Absolute Sound") that apparently gives favorable reviews to this kind of stuff.

Reply to
mc

The only thing wrong is that I am too honest to make my fortune selling such things. Any of us could easily make artifacts that audiophools would pay a fortune for... All that is necessary is not to make the signal *worse*. In the case of tube audio, even that criterion does not seem to apply.

Reply to
mc

It does ? How so ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Wrong part - try this one. It *must* be better:

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

[snip]

Do you know what those are?

Now we know who has been climbing up the power poles, stealing the 12 kV insulators.

;-)

How do I set a laser printer to stun?
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Lotsa blonde strippers marrying 80 year old billionaires, I suppose.

A few more decades and I'll be ready for my own Anna Nicole.

Bumper sticker: You\'re too close for missiles. Switching to guns.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

In the MKS system, I think its called "bogosity".

If you\'re ridin\' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and
then to make sure it\'s still there.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:29:48 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

IAWTP

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:29:48 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

Check the price on these state of the art babies!

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 14:22:24 -0700, "Paul Hovnanian P.E." Gave us:

You missed the outright WEINER!

Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:24:09 -0400, "mc" Gave us:

Even if it was pure silver, it wouldn't have more than an ounce or so in it, and that doesn't justify such a difference.

It's probably a crap electroplating instead of a true silver cladding as well.

Sad.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 00:07:19 +0100, Eeyore Gave us:

Council.

Good one.

Reply to
Roy L. Fuchs

Yes, A week or two ago I fired up a large machine with a temporary feed. To make sure I didn't do any damage to the vacuum pump, I took the belt off the motor powering it. Sure enough, one of the phases was backwards. Apparently, it won't hurt it much if it was running backwards, since one of the checks is to see if air is blowing out of the vacuum pump, but I could still see the potential of damage to the (expensive) graphite vanes in the pump.

Reply to
Jeff L

Well, they aer "Cheetah" AKA "cheeter".

Reply to
Robert Baer

HOW much?!

And here I felt guilty for not upgrading my car's wiring from the CD player to the rear speakers when I upgraded my speakers.

Michael

Reply to
mrdarrett

"Wes Stewart" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

which

the

is

scams.

With them, you sure have your sex parts pressed.

Probably an audio nuts thing.

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Noooo... It's a sacrilege to mismatch plugs and receptacles like that ... You really need to stay with the Wattgate brand and get the receptacle at

Now THAT'S quality!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net  (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Make it idiot-proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Reply to
DaveM

Wouldn't it give a lower-resistance connection?

I'm not thinking of audio equipment -- which doesn't draw all that much current to begin with -- but high-current loads.

Reply to
mc

Yes. It has a gold-plated mounting strap and rivets! :)

Reply to
mc