Denon AH-D1100 headphone cord.

It looks like a family pet chewed through the cord of these nice Denon headphones. I called Pacific Coast Parts and was told the cord is not available as a separate part. I could buy a set of new headphones, same make and model, for about $70 from them and that includes shipping. Does anyone have a source for a headphone cord (3.5mm sized) that branches into two separate leads for connecting each driver independently? In other words, there is no wire going through the headband. It's just a separate pair of wires to the left and right drivers. I was unable to locate anything on an internet search. Perhaps I should just by a cheap pair of headphones and scavenge the cord.

Thanks for your reply.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Buy one of those "3.5mm stereo to two RCA plug" cables that are meant for connecting portable CD and MP3 players to home stereos. These are almost always two single-conductor shielded cables, bonded together like lamp cord. With a bit of care you can "unzip" them into separate leads. Sometimes there is a molded block near the 2 RCA plugs to prevent the cable from unzipping too far; you'd have to cut this away, or cut the cable past this point.

Drawbacks are that this cable won't be as flexible as a real official headphone cable, and that sometimes these cables are harder to find in lengths over six feet. (All Electronics has a 12 foot one, CB-406, for $2.25. It does have the molded block you'd have to work around.)

This will also work. Cheap computer speakers may be another source, but the really cheap ones seem to have relatively short cords.

Standard disclaimers apply: I don't get money or other consideration from any companies mentioned.

Matt Roberds

Reply to
mroberds

Hi Arfa

Good point about saving the ends. That's something I would have thought of after I cut the cord!

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the good suggestions. If I can't find a suitable cord from an old pair of headphones, I'll try the miniplug to RCA adapter.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

I wound up using a miniplug to RCA adapter and that worked pretty well. The cord is a little shorter but an extension cord is less than $5 so that all worked out very well.

--
David Farber
Los Osos, CA

Cool. Thanks for posting the results!