Audio Delay Circuit

--
_And_ the transports have to be aligned properly so that the tape
won\'t try to run off the capstans, and on and on, I think.  Seems to
me like the long way \'round when it can be easily done with probably
substantially less than $10 worth of parts the other way(s).
Reply to
John Fields

And adequate tensioning mechanisms on both machines and God knows
what-all else, including a reason why to do it that way.

Seems a little bizarre for the OP\'s needs when for less than $10
worth of parts he can easily build it out of silicon.
Reply to
John Fields

--
If you\'ve got pressure pads holding the tape against the heads,
perhaps.  If you don\'t, and you\'re using a tensioning arrangement to

--
Good luck finding tape with oxide on both sides...
Reply to

--
Ergo it _is_ goofy?
Reply to

--
The link to it\'s been posted twice already.  Get off your lazy ass
and find it if you\'re interested.

Yeah, that must be it.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I'd be interested in seeing this circuit.

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I read in sci.electronics.design that John Fields wrote (in ) about 'Audio Delay Circuit', on Fri, 14 Oct 2005:

Yes, it can NOW; those techniques were used when it couldn't be done digitally.

John Woodgate

3.75ips, for 5 second delay, would only be ~6 inches in diameter, rotating at 12rpm ;-)

Maybe you could slow down a hard-drive ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

I am surprised that nobody has suggested an analog bucket brigade delay. These used to be made by Reticon and I think Panasonic still has them, the last time I looked in the Digi-Key catalog. Fidelity is not wonderful and biasing can be touchy. I don't know how many stages are still available.

Reply to
Clive Tobin

Heaven sakes, Jim! I had to go back and check the thread to see what in the world you were talking about! :-)

But, yes, a drum would work too - see "G-15 drum memory":

Obviously, it would have to spin verrrrry sloooooowwwwwly... :-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

This one?

Thanks, but Mouser, Digi-key, and Newark come up 0, and the one source that lists the chip (MX609P) is one of those "Register and give us your personal information before we'll tell you how much it is" sites.

Where do you buy yours?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

There were indeed proper drum based echo units.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

--
I don\'t, but if I did I\'d start with TI and Freescale.
Reply to

That's two more zeros.

Apparently you can get them from surplus dealers, if you submit a(an?) RFQ.

Glad I'm not trying to build this thing.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise
[snip]

In fact, couldn't you do this with a hard-drive? Isn't this the same thing as TIVO (DVR) but just audio?

...Jim Thompson

The "Echoplex" was a tube based echo unit for musicians in the '60s:

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

ISTR getting one of those to service once. And a Binson Echorec too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I repaired a bunch of them in the '70s, both tube and solid state.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida