voltage meter design

We need help for design the analog front-end for a voltage and current measurement. If you are interested in this contract job please contact me at: DigitalSignal999[at]yahoo.com

For voltage, the device will have 4 channels: 4 (A, B, C, N) Connector type Safety Banana Max. input voltage 1000 Vrms Max peak voltage 6 kV Ground connection Safety Banana

For Current input: Number of inputs 4 (A, B, C, N)

Accuracy is about 0.2%. Bandwidth is 20kHz. All channels will be simultaneously sampled with A/D converters.

Reply to
DigitalSignal

Yawn.

?? Same voltage range as above (6kV)? Or at ground? ??

DC to 20kHz? Yawn.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Win,

To clarify, the 6kV is the maximum peak voltage for ESD testing. It is not in the measurement range. The actual measurement range will be below 1000Vrms.

Basically, we want to design the front-end like a Fluke meter.

Reply to
DigitalSignal

Right. Good advice.

Anyway, meanwhile, if the current measurements are floating to 1kV and with over-voltage to 6kV, that'd be interesting. :>)

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

--- Why even bother responding to him?

He helped write a book, you know, so he's so above it all and so blasé that he has to pooh-pooh your request for help with a yawn.

Fuck him. Want some _real_ help? Email me with what the current range needs to be, the accuracy and update rates you need for the voltage and current measurements, and what kind of money you're willing to spend to get there, and I'll be happy to start a dialogue with you.

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

Yes, then you get into some rather interesting CMRR scenarios. Nothing that can't be dealt with, but...

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany