Are WE Alone ?? (2023 Update)

John S wrote: ===========

** Be nice to be in Uni doing EE, with alI I know now.

Amase a few people.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:4abc1dee-584f-46df- snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

The only people that would amass around you would be those who were there to throw stones.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Sep 2021 00:45:56 -0500) it happened John S snipped-for-privacy@invalid.org wrote in <shpcul$ojg$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Same here, and I had fun and a good job many would envy! As to 400 years and more ago, sometimes I watch 'naked and afraid' on TV in that series people survive in the wildernis.. Some had GREAT FUN, did not really want to leave and go back to dally 2020 life.. Living in Africa with bow and arrow and a fire in a home made hut So.... Native Americans had good life until J.Larkin's ancestors showed up with there viruses, sexual transmitted illnesses,probably knew more about plants used for medicine than todays doctors.

20,000 people die because of medical mistakes in Germany each year...
in the US are worse than covid!!!:

I mean it is all relative no?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

So did I. The internet is better now.

So is the food.

Reply to
jlarkin

Those survivor-type shows are people surrounded by film crews, caterers, directors, and helicopters.

It wasn't a very good life. They were often at war. They walked everywhere because europeans hadn't brought over horses yet.

Now they have internet and refrigerators and drive pickups.

Living or dying is kind of absolute.

Reply to
jlarkin

If universities are full of idiots wouldn't that kinda make you king of the idiots?

Reply to
bitrex

'Intelligent life' on earth could look more like an impurity or an infection, than anything else, to an outside observer.

Clean it out - maybe save a smear somewhere, just for interest's sake.

RL

Reply to
legg

legg wrote: ============

** Nope.

To an intelligent alien observer, a planet COVERED in visible technology, with tens of thousands of large aircraft in transit and a similar number of artificial satellites orbiting PLUS massive amounts radio communication of would look like anything but.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

About the only human construction that is supposed to be visible from space is the Great Wall of China.

Even large aircraft don't look all that large from several hundred miles away. And properly designed communications channels look like random noise if you don't know the coding scheme. Fibre-optic links are even less obvious.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman

** A very tired and * ridiculous myth * !!

Highways, dams and cities are all visible from space *without* magnification. Hint : cities glow at night too.

Plus denies the implied premise of the d*****ad OP's hypothetical assertion, that the "outside observer" was able to see signs of intelligent life on earth but somehow misjudge.

** See above.
** Shame all the others are easily identified as intelligent sources.

FYI to all:

Bill is like a desperate, drowning fool, clutching crazily at imaginary straws.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Sep 2021 19:59:19 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

When I look at an ant heap I see structure, organization. same when you look at beehives. I have used chemical warfare and brute violence just to get rid of those.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje wrote: ==============

** FYI:

when I read any of your posts, I reach for a can of bug spray.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Tue, 14 Sep 2021 23:27:37 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Your addiction is your problem, it does explain some things you write. Try cookies and chocolade, better perhaps, works for me.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Martin Brown wrote: =====================

** It looks non existent in any band from 2500 light years away. Even with an array the size of a planet.

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On a sunny day (Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:19:08 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Phil Allison snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

That is because earthlings had no radios 2500 years ago.

But wait 2500 years, and they watch Magnum. And your postings.... Invasion is then just a matter of time

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Jan Panteltje wrote: ============================

** Bug spray in hand - pissssss, pissssss .....

.. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sdhn7c$pkp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And the John Doe troll stated the following in message-id <sg3kr7$qt5$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

And yet, the clueless John Doe troll has itself posted yet another incorectly formatted USENET posting on Wed, 15 Sep 2021 03:37:42 -0000 (UTC) in message-id <shrpq6$h8g$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me.

Reply to
Edward Hernandez

Some of the last tribes that had never had contact with Europeans in Papua New Guinea were made contact with in the mid 1970s. There's a video series on YouTube about it which is fascinating to watch. They handle it rather well after being very suspicious for a little while, believing the small film crew are ghosts of the dead.

They quickly realize they're also just people, and then seem to think for a while it's some other tribe playing a trick on them. Europeans at one time called Africans "painted men" and for these tribespeople it's the reverse, they believe the white skin is paint and try to rub it off.

So these people got refined salt and sugar and rice, and stainless-steel cutlery and matches, and in time probably refrigerators and some trucks. And even so the narrator sums it up pretty well "In an instant they went from being masters of their own destiny, to some of the poorest people on the planet."

Despite the sugar, cutlery, and refrigerators, they were still poor, and despite it being a hard life before, they were free in a way they were never free afterwards.

Reply to
bitrex

And their life expectancy probably didn't even increase that much when it was all said and done. Modern medicine can't help you when you have no money to pay for it, when you're now some of the poorest people on the planet...

Reply to
bitrex

And they went from being the richest people in their own world, to some of the poorest people in America on average. Modern medicine can't help you reliably in America when you have no money to pay for it, and some of the descendants of the white settlers who brought them "the good life" face similar problems as well...

Reply to
bitrex