Any experience with Mouser end user certificate?

Placed an order a few days ago, around $600, and got a message that they needed me to fill a form for a processor with crypto engine. I was careful to select a part without crypto but had not noticed they had wrongly labeled it on their site as if had; hence the message I got. Anyway, they sent me some form which I filled and sent as requested.

Next day I got an autoreminder that they had not received the form, so could I please fill it and send it. Did it again, contacted the chat line, they said basically nothing. Got contacted by a person with a name asking me the same. Sent them the file as well. Next day got the autoreminder again. And today again.

No idea what is going on, any experience with that? I'll let the order cancel itself eventually and reorder without this part, they do have some of it (larger temp range but the same) which are not marked for this nonsense but I am still puzzled by what is going on. Looks like there simply is no pilot in the plane but who knows, may be someone here might have some better insight.

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

Dimiter_Popoff wrote in news:r8a0nb$q8c$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

They are trying to get your real, hard info so they can rip you off.

Crypto currencies are lame because you have no recourse when you get screwed.

Or if I read that wrong... still sounds fishy.

Hence the name, I guess.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

I think I had a similar experience once regarding a sales tax exemption for m. In this case they should be responsive to the fact that this part does not need the form. Why not contact them about that? I find Digikey very r esponsive to errors on their part listings. They even give acknowledgement s when they fix them.

I bet Mouser is similar in this regard. It's as bad for them as it is for you really. All that extra work.

--

  Rick C.

  - Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

Tried that as well, no response. Just the autoreminders. The live chat peop[le are polite but all they tell me is they must wait for their "export department" to release the order, i.e. nothing.

Either nobody reads my emails or something else is going on and they are playing dead until I give up. Given the pandemic situation it is hard to tell which it is...

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

No crypto currency involved, the crypto here refers to an encryption accelerator some of these processors have. I neither need it nor did I order a part which has it but... go figure.

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Maybe they're not /playing/.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Reply to
Pimpom

Well they did authorize the cash on my card :-).

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

Aha! So smack them alongside the head and complain to your credit card company. They won't likely ignore that input...paid for product, not shipped..

Reply to
Bill Martin
--
|_|O|_| Github: https://github.com/dpurgert
|_|_|O| PGP: DDAB 23FB 19FA 7D85 1CC1  E067 6D65 70E5 4CE7 2860
Reply to
Dan Purgert

Well they had just "authorized" the amount, not charged it. The difference between these I can see is that the amount stays "blocked" in my account, no transaction has taken place. How does this go on I am not sure, I suppose it times out eventually if the do not cash in.

But to my relief the issue got resolved.

My third live chat with them was with a guy in the UK, Sam. Unlike the former two he actually did something; asked me to email *him* the form. I did - and he got nothing. Turned out Mouser were just silently discarding all my emails (to 4 different mailboxes). No bounces, nothing. Have not had this at all so far (decades) I think. And I *know* my emails do go out as the SMTP and the tcp stack etc. which do that have all been written by me... Today I emailed Sam over 3 different routes (different MX servers, one of them being the Mouser MX server directly from my IP address; got no reply, I assume he got none of these...

So all, bear in mind that if you are to contact Mouser they are likely to simply not be getting your emails. The live chat works, in my case I put the form on a non-linked location of our website and Sam got it; this was enough, the package is on its way now.

Dimiter

====================================================== Dimiter Popoff, TGI

Dimiter_Popoff

Did you use different providers, e.g. gmail or mail.com? Most companies use email blacklists from third parties to help prevent phishing attacks and spam, but the lists aren't always very accurate.

Did you get Sam to check his spam folder?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Correct. Typically the "hold" time limit is up to a month, depending on your bank's policy. The hold can be released by the merchant that requested it, and is automatically released if the merchant actually charges the card.

Reply to
Dave Platt

The "From:" field was always my email (the one Mouser used to send me the form they wanted me to fill), it is under our domain, tgi-sci.com . I have not yet had a mail rejected based on that (almost 2 decades). I have seen smtp servers not wanting to talk to this or that IP address but in such a case a message bounces; and today's experiment with 3 smtp client addresses made no difference.

I did not ask Sam to check his spam folder, everybody nowadays would think of that so it would have been sort of impolite I guess. But most likely something like that is happening, my emails went into some spam blackhole (notice I did not change the subject line other than adding a Re: prefix to it).

It was *very* unusual, I still don't know what happened but I am not going to pursue it any further, have better things to do :).

Dimiter

Reply to
Dimiter_Popoff

========================= ======

I was blocked from sending email to the states of Tennessee and South Carol ina because an email server rating provided by Cisco was reporting me as ha ving a "poor" reputation. I was never able to get any detailed info on how they form their reporting, i.e. what sources they use and how to be remove d. They simply claim that if the problems stop the server would be cleared in a "few days". I literally had no resource to deal with this issue eith er through Cisco or through the state.

At least in that case the emails did bounce so I knew they didn't get throu gh.

I'm glad more companies don't use Cisco for this server screening.

--

  Rick C.

  + Get 1,000 miles of free Supercharging
Ricky C

I saw charges like this on my credit card and on asking the card vendor abo ut it was told there was a time limit, but it was much less than 30 days. I think it was a week, but I won't swear to that.

I don't believe the charge is automatically "released" when charging the ca rd, it is up to the vendor to take care of that. I recall seeing charges o f lesser amounts than the actual purchase as part of the process of verifyi ng the transaction before turning on gas pumps. I don't have to worry abou t that so much any more.