Ansoft Designer, ADS, Aplac: how choosing for RF purpose?

Hi, all !

This question is easy to ask, not to answer, unfortunately ! I've spent a couple of months trying them for RF purpose, and I really dont know how to choose ! First ADS is a real "all in one", but at huge cost. Ansoft provide a good tool with Designer (not tried Nexxim), but the links with Cadence is rather thin. Aplac become a little "out of fashion" in many RF projects... I'd really appreciate your help, and advices: your personal experience in one (or most !) of those softwares could give me new opinions, that would be really interesting ! Positive points, negative ones, don't hesitate ! Maybe there's other people asking the same question, so it would be useful for the crew ! Thanks in advance for your help !

Dave

Reply to
Chromatik

Hi,

I'd like to up my message, it's rather important ! Thanks for your help !

Dave

Reply to
Chromatik

Maybe designers still on holiday ;)

Dave

Reply to
Chromatik

Your question is impossible to answer given how you've told us nothing about what you intend to do. Ansoft Designer and ADS are both decent programs (I haven't used Aplac), but figuring out which one is best for you is going to require that you tell us what you want to do with them... or better still, examining each one yourself (I'm sure they'll give you a 30 day evaluation license for free) and making up your own mind.

Reply to
Joel Kolstad

Hi, Joel ! Thanks for answering. As I've said in the first message, I've used ADS, Ansoft Designer and Aplac for a few months, during evaluation periods. So I had the time to check them, to find pros ans cons, for RF design especially ! Now my question was to know if users of these tools, or one of these, prefers "this" one instead of "this" other, due to "this" feature or lack of feature ! My opinion is not unuseful, but I think experts opinion is much interesting ! Thanks again for your interest, and hope you could help me ! Regards !

Dave

Reply to
Chromatik