Tale of a monitor

Hi Paul

End of saga: the fault was High Voltage leakage from the top Backlight to chassis. It finally dawned on me, that the reason why, with the Inverter PCB only running and remote from chassis,the Backlights stayed on. But as soon as you reassembled everything, you were back where you started. I lost count how many times I did this. (blame getting old). Proved the point by running inverter remotely and when lamps were running OK, shorting the Inverter chassis to LCD chassis, tripped Backlights off. That's when I started my real troubles. To get at lamps, you have to dismantle Panel: not an impossible job, but remembering how everything is fitted IS. Get it right and it is passable. But I got them Muddled a few times. Re Broken Backlight I got a quote of £38.00 for a similar light and the dealer had to order from America. I declined quote as description pointed to the possibility it was not an exact replacement. Have wired in a Laptop lamp protem to carry on testing, but I think its throwing the error circuits out of balance.

All above is in material now. ON the last assemble, I must have damaged the LCD screen as I now have about 3" of vertical coloured lines on Right Hand side. So I think Monitor is a write off without I can get a reasonably priced LCD module.

There was one offered in Italy, but with carriage charges it was nearly price of new Monitor.

Regards to both of you, and hope you are getting settled in OK.

Tommy

Reply to
T Marshall

Don't be so hard on yourself. This happens to everyone.

The principle is... 90% of the time, all the symptoms needed to properly diagnose the problem are right there, in front of your eyes, but you don't recognize the connection. Then when you do, you wonder "How could I have been so stupid?".

Reply to
William Sommerwerck