American education scores again !

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough! It isn't fit for humans now, There isn't grass to graze a cow. Swarm over, Death!

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I've never LOLed so much in all my life!

I think Slough residents will be pretty safe if those interviewees are directing the bombs.

Reply to
Grumps

Let'em come, the Crocs will get'em!

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yep, but I wonder how many people actually found the correct countries, or how many people didn't want to bomb anyone. Pretty funny though, must have been a slow news day

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Hey, Martin, sounds like you've visited the Slough of despond!

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

These days I think of anything inside the M25 as Sloughish, fortunately, I've escaped.

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Talking of which, it'll be the 'silly season' here soon.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:18:00 +0100, Eeyore Gave us:

The whole thing was contrived.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 12:14:28 +0200, martin griffith Gave us:

Look closer. Each time Australia had a different country name pasted in.

Says a lot about common geographical sense, but then again, the entire thing was contrived.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

Does that make the ignorance of the interviwees excusable ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

This is why the US populace is so clueless.

They look at the map and say "well it must be right" "they" wouldn't try to deceive me, would "they"

And then go to church.

Reply to
Donald

Or maybe Australia is the real danger that we have been ignoring.

Phil Allison -- perfect example.

Bush may not get around to it, but the next president could have a whole new region of the world he wants to target. Why stop with the Middle East?

Why should we let a mis-named map stop us from our manifest destiny? The American people have spoken. Look out Aussies!

Reply to
xray

Sorry, don't get it, what does the 'silly season' mean?

Reply to
xray

The UK parliament has a summer recess that's longer than school kids get. During that time, the national media are robbed of their usual source of domestic news, so they resort to less highbrow stories.

Some examples from a BBC summary of last year's silly season

"Has John Prescott [the deputy Prime Minister] got a wig?" "orange food is good for you" "James Bond will drive a Fiat Panda in his next film" "Mick Jagger's not well-endowed says Keith Richards"

You get the idea.

--
Rick
Reply to

When the summer holidays arrive and the newspapers have little to report, small stories get vastly over-reported if not even plain conjured out of thin air !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 03:30:24 +0100, Eeyore Gave us:

What part of "the whole thing" do you not understand?

Even the "interviewees" responses were contrived.

Reply to
Phat Bytestard

How do you know that ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The last time I went anywhere near Slough was as a motorcycle courier. On the last stretch of M4 before Reading (I was probably lost as well!) my camshaft seized so I phoned some mates to come out and tow me back, we figured if we averaged about 80 we could make it back to our own county in time for last orders. Long story short - the bike got ground flat on one side and I got loads of gravel rash, lo and behold a cop turned up and started asking everyone for names and addresses, it seems a particularly common address that night was "no fixed abode" and "the flat above" the cop soon got fed up with this performance and demanded to know what we were going to do with the remains of the bike, so we just heaved it over the embankment at which point the cop started muttering hysterically about paperwork and jumped in his car and left 2 thick trails of rubber as he sped off!!!

Reply to
ian field

Dirk

Reply to