Time to Abolish ICs

Think of all the fun you'll have constructing circuits from scratch!

Reply to
Mahmoud In My Dinner Jacket

Sounds like a threat to me. You got an emp up your sleeve?

Reply to
James Thompson

Not when things are just starting to get interesting:

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark L. Fergerson

Oh, but I do.

I've even built vacuum tube circuits. Booyah!

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Sounds like each chip has an LC oscillator on-board, and a mess of them are supposed to injection-lock. Terrifying.

John

I read it as one osc per chip, but the clock lines are so arranged that there's no (little) loss because they turn back on themselves moebius-wise so you get a traveling wave reinforced by inverter pairs distributed along them, and you can pick off whatever phase you want by carefully choosing the pickoff point. Apparently the tech is good at least to 3.5 gHz in the pilot version. Allegedly there's more room for improvement; we'll see.

Mark L Fergerson

Reply to
Mark L. Fergerson

Did you build the actual vacuum tubes?

Reply to
Mahmoud In My Dinner Jacket

Now, now, Jimmy, no-o-o-o-o one's trying to threaten you.

I got empathy for de WHOLE WHIRL!!!!

Reply to
Mahmoud In My Dinner Jacket

Unfortunately no, I don't have any glassblowing or vacuum equipment.

Tim

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.
Tim Williams

Get a copy of this book:

which not only describes how to build (and use) your very own toobs, but includes instructions on filling them with vacuum.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Mark L. Fergerson

Sounds like you're missing out on some fun!

Reply to
Mahmoud In My Dinner Jacket