AM Modulation

If NG users are non-representative then they'd be happy, not unhappy, by your reasoning.

More likely the human condition is for restlessness and discontent with the status quo. IMO, anyway.

Taco sounds good - we just ordered in Malaysian for lunch though. Mmmmmmm.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

They put CILANTRO on my carnitas super taco! What's wrong with these idiots? Don't they realize that some people, especially honest law-abiding USA citizens, HATE cilantro? Why don't they ask, or put up a big red sign that says "specify if you want cilantro or not." For Pete's sake, they asked about the hot sauce, so how much more trouble would it be to ask about cilantro? Lazy bums.

And it got all mixed up with the guacamole, and was *really* hard to pick out.

This makes me SO MAD!

John

"Don Bowey" = a CONGENITAL MORON

** Try figuring out what a " linear modulator " is - f*****ad.

Then go disembowel yourself.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

"John Larkin"

** What a puerile, Septic Tank asshole.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I will get to it as soon as I can. Good idea.

Golly, you are sure............. helpful

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Don Bowey" = a CONGENITAL MORON

** Try figuring out what a " linear modulator " is - f*****ad.

Then go disembowel yourself.

........ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Why? ...so you have something to play with?

--
  Keith
Reply to

No, they'd say you were a liar and toss your letter in the stove to keep warm. No one could have it this good. Face it, even the "poor" have it far better than our grand parents did.

--
  Keith
Reply to

Cilantro? Never heard of it - a Mexican equivalent of cucumber in a MacCrapper?

The Malaysian was wicked - our other halves will not be hanging around tonight! :-)

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

...and the average person living to 80, rather than '40... HORRIBLE!

BTW, the average divorce rate might be 50%, but that includes multiple divorces. ...seems those that can't survive living with one spouse have problems with the second, third...

This is a problem, exacerbated by the government. ...you forgot to mention the lie of single mothers and thir children doing just fine without a father. It doesn't work that way.

You might want to slant your troll more to the center. Problems exist, but it's not as you propose.

--
  Keith
Reply to

...yet another example of taco rage!

--
  Keith
Reply to

You already used that one. It would help to keep a check-list so you will be certain to get the most out of each compliment.

Good try though. Keep up the good work, Phil.

Don

Reply to
Don Bowey

Yes.... A free jump rope.

Reply to
Don Bowey

"Don Bowey" = a CONGENITAL MORON

** Try figuring out what a " linear modulator " is - f*****ad.

Then go disembowel yourself.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

--- Well, let's see...

Let's say I have a nice, fast photoresistor in series with a plain old resistor, in series with a signal generator, like this:

E1-----+-------+ | | [POR] | | | E2-----+ [GEN] | | [LDR] | | | GND-----+-------+

Let's also say that the POR (Plain Old Resistor) comprises the generator resistance plus some fixed resistance, and that the generator is putting out a 1MHz sinusoid at a couple of volts or so.

Now let's take an LED and shine it on the LDR, like this:

+-------------+ E1-----+-------+ | +----+ | | | | | ~|--P||S [POR] | | |GEN1| R||E | | | | ~|--I||C E2-----+ [GEN2] | +----+ | | | [DC SUPPLY] [LED] ------> [LDR] | | | | | +-------------+ GND----+-------+

GEN1 is another signal generator, but its output is set at 1000 Hz and, at the moment, its output is cranked down to zero.

Now, we hook a scope from E2 to ground and adjust the DC supply so that we get a conveniently viewable 1MHz waveform at E2, say a volt or so.

Now, we crank up the output of GEN1 while watching the scope, and what do we behold? A 1MHz signal actually being modulated by 1000Hz through the miracle of linear modulation!!!

And now, (hands Phil the tanto) Phil, it's your turn...

-- John Fields Professional Circuit Designer

Reply to
John Fields

Ooops...

Sorry, wrong number.

--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Reply to
John Fields

"John Fields"

( snip another nauseating load of John Fields' public masturbation)

** Teaching any * PIG * to sing is always a thankless task.

Specially when the * PIG * concerned is a congenitally anencephalic HAM like Bowey.

When the porcine PUKE has the decency to top itself - I will be the first to lament:

" Alas poor Bowey - I knew him well .... "

....... Phil ;-)

Reply to
Phil Allison

--- OK.

[...]

When you can\'t debate it without losing,  it becomes "another
nauseating load of  John Fields\' public masturbation"  and you snip
it?

I think that\'s what I\'d call a "Philter".
Reply to
John Fields

The topic, however, is amplitude modulation, not how to make a waveform wiggle.

Reply to
Don Bowey