Pressure Xducers - I or V ?

Good day all,

Topic: Pressure transducers Which is better: Constant current excitation or constant voltage excitation ?

If I am to base myself on google, I would say most people employ the constant current excitation technique.

Regards,

-Roger

Reply to
Roger Bourne

This rather depends on the sort of prssure transducer you are talking about, what you want to do with it, what sort of bandwidth you need from the sensor, and what sort of long term accuracy and stability you need from the sensor.

A microphone is a prssure transducer, and so is a Bayard-Alpert ion gauge. Which sort of transducer did you have in mind?

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

By pressure transducer I meant pressure sensor. Essentially, a pressure-sensitive-resistor wheatstone bridge.

-Roger

Reply to
Roger Bourne

A Wheatstone bridge is a device for comparing resistances.

I'd imagine that your pressure sensor is a silicon diaphragm into which the manufacturer has diffused a number of strain-sensitive resistive elements.

Give us a part numbr and we might be able to give ypu some useful advice.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...

Also known as load cell.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)