airships

I thought this was going to be Led Zeppelin

Reply to
makolber

Reviewers said the steaks were "a little less thick than I expected" and "pretty greasy", however.

Reply to
bitrex

If I were running a multi-billion dollar enterprise spread over a huge distance, I could justify having a private plane or two. Some people are too expensive to waste their time standing around in airports.

Hillary and Obama just use/d Air Force jets, at fabulous expense. Obama uses two on some of his golfing vacations. It's us little folks who need to pay more for energy.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

What about the vodka? As long as the vodka is OK... (gotta have standards.)

Reply to
JW

The slow part of airports is security. Don't you still have to go through security if you are flying your own plane? If not, that would seem a huge loophole in whatever security the TSA is providing.

--

Rick C
Reply to

On Wed, 24 Aug 2016 11:28:03 -0700 (PDT) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in Message id: :

Yeah, that sucked. This was a great one:

Don't want to disappoint. :)

Reply to
JW

A good band for the time; sadly the remaining members haven't done anything of note since before I was born.

Reply to
bitrex

They also don't need to expend power to stay at altitude, unlike helicopters. That seems to be their one saving grace.

For "future that never was" you want this:

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

Rock and roll died when "popular music" abandoned its Blues roots.

'Scuse me- I need to listen to this:

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

You must be young. I'd say their golden years were from '68 to '76. Then Robert's voice went downhill. A pity. I think it's from an abused voice box - See also: Stevie Nicks.

Reply to
JW

There's a reason why they usually moor airships to a mast when docking.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

And stash them in gigantic hangars when there's a thunderstorm.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

AIUI, they worked quite well for drug interdiction in the Gulf. Great loiter time.

Reply to
krw

...and boats.

Reply to
krw

There's very little security in that situation. Why would there be?

A couple sternly-worded warnings and an access card is all I see.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Born in the fading years of disco, so relatively young, that's correct. I do feel kind of sorry sometimes I missed out on the late 60s and 70s. Great music, "free" love, people didn't spend all day long poking at their phones and probably actually talked to each other. HIV/AIDS education and sex education went hand in hand for us, we never knew anything else.

I started using the Internet around 1992, got my first cell phone near the end of college, so I briefly knew a world without it. I work and socialize with kids maybe at most a decade younger than me at most who have never not had those things.

It's been said that the times most recent to us are most strange to us. That era certainly seems strange to me. Even looking at a video on YouTube of NYC in 1993 - my first year of high school - it seems like a long-vanished time.

Plenty of great things still happening in music, though, with newer bands. I promised myself I wouldn't end up the guy that's forever obsessed with the music of my childhood ; )

Reply to
bitrex

Do you know this or are you making it up? Why would security only extend to commercial passengers and not private aircraft? That would be such an easy way to skirt security and attack the White House this time.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Based on experience.

But I doubt you would be able to get anywhere near the White House with an unauthorized small plane or chopper even if you were an insane homicidal pilot- it's a very tightly controlled airspace and there are (reportedly) significant lethal and other defenses now in place.

You can't even stage a silly game involving tossing around misshapen half-deflated balls without having dudes at the ready to shoot down anyone who strays too close:

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

Tell me about your experience.

--

Rick C
Reply to

Our local lighter than air venture was hit by a tornado this spring.

All they want to do is make an honest buck supplying northern communities with freight that commercial transport can't or won't do economically.

Has a role in forestry, as well, though smaller-scaled vehicles are used. Don't knock it....it can pay.

RL

Reply to
legg