Agilent 8922M/83220E

Anyone used this pair of critters?

Can you confirm or deny that it works on GSM800 (eight hundred) band?

Thanks.

--

Tim Wescott Wescott Design Services

Do you need to implement control loops in software? "Applied Control Theory for Embedded Systems" gives you just what it says. See details at

Tim Wescott

IIRC the 83220E was the extension for the 1800 and 1900 MHz bands.

Sarason

Reply to
Sarason

I have this combination instrument.

From page 3-15 of the January 1998 User's Guide, footnote 1:

GSM frequency bands are 880 to 915MHz and 925 to 960MHz.

Elsewhere the manual refers to operation with E-GSM, DCS1800 and PCS1900 but NOT GSM850.

However, page 4-31 mentions that "you may enter a non GSM standard frequency ... between 10Hz and 1000MHz".

If you like I could power it up and see what happens with my V3 phone which can be set to work on the USA 850/1900 bands.

I downloaded the (massive) user manual from the Agilent web site. My printed copy fills a box file. The instrument isn't small either.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker

I would be grateful if you would do that, although it sounds like it'll work. This is feeding into a buy/don't buy decision; we don't want to see a bunch of money spent for an instrument that only almost does what is needed.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott

That depends upon locale. It varies greatly by nation.

Nice example of a specific locale issue versus band.

Reply to
JosephKK

Yes, exactly. The problem, as I understand it, is that new GSM bands were created after this instrument was manufactured.

The OP is trying to establish whether an old instrument designed before the GSM850 band was specified can actually be persuaded to operate on it. The user manual hints that this may be possible, but the only way to be sure is to try it. I will consider myself reminded to do the experiment. First I need to clear enough space on bench... The 8922M / 83220E combination is huge.

John

Reply to
jrwalliker