About GPS

i try to make a gps receiver with maxim2741 i've got some instructions on

they are not so clear. will anyone offer me a scheme which i can follow,or offer me somewhere to find help?

thanks:)

Reply to
elsaric

SioL

Reply to
SioL

The max2741 is a GPS RF frontend. It outputs the IF signal in digital form. You will need also a baseband chip to build a GPS receiver.

Unless you are looking for a challenge, I would recommend you buy a GPS module. It is going to be cheaper than to buy the individual ICs.

The PCB layout for the RF part is quite critical and it is non-trivial to make it work at all.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler

i'll try to design the pcb layout by myself,thank you:) will anyone offer me a solution for gps-design with max2741,thanks:)

"Iwo Mergler =D0=B4=B5=C0=A3=BA

Reply to
elsaric

Maybe the evaluation board info will help you:

Matthew

Reply to
Mateo EE

The RF frontend (MAX2741) is only a small part of a GPS receiver.

It's almost like picking a single capacitor and ask for a design using "this capacitor".

The central piece of a GPS receiver is the baseband IC, which typically contains a processor, memory and dedicated correlator hardware.

To design a GPS receiver, you start with picking a baseband solution, considering required sensitivity, performance, etc.

You then look at the baseband datasheet to find out which RF frontend chip to use. I don't know what basebands support the MAX2741, but you could contact Maxim and ask.

Don't be mislead by Maxim's marketing claims for the single-chip GPS solution.

This is based on the assumption that you already have a baseband implementation in a system. There are several hardware/software tradeoffs possible.

Kind regards,

Iwo

Reply to
Iwo Mergler