question about bluetooth gps

When I saw some GPS units are bluetooth, I took that to mean you could pair them with your bluetooth earpiece, and thus hear the turn-by-turn instructions from your GPS in your earpiece. Since many of the complaints about GPS is the inability to hear them over road noise, I figured this was the logical answer. But now I've heard it's set up to make it so you can hear your cell phone conversation through your GPS speaker. What the hell would you need to do that for? THAT'S not the problem! Besides, all cell phones have speakerphones in them in the firs place. Wouldn't it be way more practical to be able to hear your GPS through your bluetooth earpiece, since that's a real-world problem? I would bet that is what most GPS shoppers take the "bluetooth" connotation to mean when considering buying one. With all their technology, why would anyone think they wouldn't be capable of that?

Reply to
dog arms

What does this drivel have to do with electronics? Take it to a GPS or cell phone group.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell