About Electronic Cigarettes

Did you *read* the article? From this article, "doctors are wary of encouraging anyone to start drinking alcohol". Everything in this article says, "may" or "might" or "seems" or "appears". The best line though is the point that, "Most research on resveratrol has been done on animals". Why is it that no one wants to believe research done on animals when the results are bad, but they are happy to believe the slimmest of evidence that says something that is otherwise very bad for humans, may have a slight benefit?

I'm not going to respond with insults. Just read the article critically. No authority is claiming that the net effects of any alcohol are good for you.

Of course, you believe what you want. I was shocked to find out how she died.

And yet you offer no support for your views. Oh, and more from your "proof"... "More research is needed before it's known whether resveratrol was the cause for the reduced risk."

--

Rick
Reply to

Doctors are "wary" of recommending anything they don't prescribe. If you don't want to drink, don't drink.

Do you have an actual cause of death for your friend? What did it say on the death certificate? ...Jim Thompson

This is not about personal choice. This is about spreading false information. The evidence that ethanol is beneficial is thin at best. There are mountains of evidence of how harmful ethanol consumption can be.

Feel free to hide your head in the sand, but don't spread misinformation.

--

Rick
Reply to

That is no longer allowed under Obamacare.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

As you do not know my health position, we can be sure that you are a smoker.

Only a smoker would see this as an assault on their "right" to smoke themselves to death at taxpayers expense.

hamilton

Once again you are wrong. But that is expected from the idiot libtard you are.

Reply to
tm

As I pointed out in a previous post, only a minuscule fraction of the Big T obacco settlement money went to anything related health, and the same goes for the thieving and exorbitant excise tax at Federal and State levels. If the revenue was used properly, the smokers would be getting sick at their e xpense, but the thieves who run this place [country] see it as just more me ans to buy votes through phony pork jobs/projects and to enrich their croni es.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Guess what. Maybe it is you who needs to read the studies.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

be.

misinformation.

Not one of the studies that i read said that health benefits came from alcohol itself, but in the case of red wines from other compounds that are less or not present in white wines or beer. These particular studies say nothing about distilled beverages.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Once again the idiot wacky wonks get it wrong again by confusing correlation with causation.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

It's the peelings of the grapes that has something in them, that will of course be in the wine. As for the alcohol, I understand a small amount is most likely less damaging than a lot of the maintenance drugs people are on. At least that is what my doctor tells me..

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie