A Sign of a Real Engineer

You can spend that much on a really bad school as well.

A lot of that is living expense. Paradoxically, some of the most expensive places to live are college towns of state flagships. And wages there are not that great. I was shocked at the gap between income and outgo at Penn State.

Your son should plan to live with studious, frugal people. Cheap recreation only, and no car.

Reply to
spamtrap1888

Tons. Here's my favorite:

http://www.wescottdesign.com
Reply to
Tim Wescott

Or a lot less on a good school.

A lot of parents at AU buy their kids condos (or let them use their football Saturday digs), then sell them after graduation. When more than one sibling attends the same school it gets particularly attractive.

You want it all! ;-)

Reply to
krw