9V 1A schematic needed

it:

sequence?

Correct! You are the man! Fred could not even understand where to begin. He was busy counting his toes.

A congrats will have to do or I could get you tickets to amateur comedy night show starring Fred Blogger? Ignore Fred, he's mad at me because I outwit him everytime and he can't get under my skin. I'm actually starting to like that old misfit..... Share some of your love Freddy! Give Ken a taste of your comdey show routine. Go for it, the stage is yours:

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WELCOME TO AMATUER COMEDY NIGHT. T

Reply to
J-vibe

Freddy,

Don't get upset, you know haow bad it affects you ulcers and vericose viens. Let me explain the sequence:

1FAA 0010 , 11F1A2 021101, 12F111A122 0121120111, What the next sequence?

The first set is the source:

1FAA 0010

The second set is thinking out of the box, so it's literally telling you what the source has

1 for 1, F for 1, A for 2, 0 for 2, 1 for 1, 0 for 1

The third set does the same, now based on the second set:

1 for 2, F for 1, 1 for 1, etc....

Ken was right:

Who's the clueless moron now Freddy? Ha Ha!!!!!

Reply to
J-vibe

1FAA 0010 , 11F1A2 021101, 12F111A122 0121120111, What the next sequence?

The first set is the source:

1FAA 0010

The second set is thinking out of the box, so it's literally telling you what the source has

1 for 1, F for 1, A for 2, 0 for 2, 1 for 1, 0 for 1

The third set does the same, now based on the second set:

1 for 2, F for 1, 1 for 1, etc....

Ken was right:

Reply to
J-vibe

Someone mentioned run-length. Is it an RLL sequence? That's something else lost in the cobwebs, but it sounds right.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

dead

that is what

more.

understand

where?

people

from a

Yes that is pretty strange for even Fred and he is as strange as they come.

The problem has been verified by Analog devices and the alternate circuit with the diodes to assure equal amplitude are in place. The Brass board is in the hands of the customer and the final PCB layout is complete for the first build. The unit now works as intended.

BTW, I killfiled FRED ages ago, so I never see him unless someone replies to his inane rambling.

Reply to
Clarence_A

Yeah. Maybe that was just my luck to have to deal with a moron at what should have been a bank with a better plan. I jsut joined a credit union and a new teller amazed me with her product knowlege, She signed me up at the window and knew the answers to my question. I think I dreamt of her. No service fees either. I always ask if they'll charge me into the red and they act as if it could never happen. I hate this small area.

I could go on but insert ranting diatribe here and imagine my frustration.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Looks like he can't spec a 3-term regulator either.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

And so is the fact that the 7905 is a -5V regulator. As well as the fact that a first guess at Pd for the 7809 is about 6.6W - sounds like a heatsink begging to be spec'd. Peak current of 1A exceeds the

7809 spec. LM78M09 at 1A is only marginally guaranteed if Tj is 25 C giving a theta_JA of zero for 25 C ambient which would require an impossibly large fictitional heatsink with negative theta_CA.
--
Best Regards,
Mike

He even improves his own answers. And I've seen him crank out answers (I didn't time him as Larry did) ... scratch that. I never got the impression he needed to run and research prior to replying. I sometimes have to do that because I don't have the experience to do it blindfolded or remember some of the stuff I've learned.

Fred's motivations and political opinions don't matter to me except for the time he did my work for me. But I just went ahead and did my math and checked my answer.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Opps! It was L Ron Hubbard.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Since Vdc increases with capacitance the output power goes up, so the input current (at constant Vac) will increase anyway.

Refine the experiment maybe. Do a Pout/Pin plot, or, for all values of C, adjust Vac so that Vdc is held constant.

LTSpice is handy for this sort of thing because the instantaneous expression Vac*Iac can be plotted and then averaged over a number of cycles. I found that facility invaluable for predicting power loss in individual components in a power switching cct.

--
Tony Williams.
Reply to

Include the effect of winding resistance in your simulation or analysis. It will do more than just get the result better aligned with real circuits. It will also show the limiting value of Irms as the filter capacitance approaches infinity. That does not show up at all without the resistance. If you search my posts on rec.audio.tech, you could find that analysis already done, if you're not doing this for fun or education.

Have fun.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com

WHAT was "26 Feb"? My birthday is February 29, 1940.

...Jim Thompson

I think it was Phil Allison who first provoked me to learn how to do kill filtering ;-)

...Jim Thompson

[snip Fred spew]

Phil is/was much more creative and somewhat less repetitive as a spew generator. I've tried to shame Fred into improving his repetoire, but he is too educated already to go for that.

Brasfield. In order to keep the response time to 100ms

for words like noise, gain, level etc...this takes

From somebody who refuses to point out any specific errors in my recent noise analysis in the "amplify 40kHz" thread, which definitely contains the words "noise" and "gain", that is a comical lie. As for the "100ms" [sic], your copy and paste efforts are unlikely to impress any sane individual. That you brag about it marks you.

and paste in the main response which succinctly states

I refuse to waste any time decoding any type of

the technical topic or gets slapped-period.

LMAO. So far, you have refused every invitation to say why the additional noise sources you yammer [1] about could possibly be detected within the input noise you natter at me about. Likewise, your guess at a 115 dB gain for the circuit, which nobody else can replicate, and which I politely challenged, remains as yet another instance of your unadmitted errors.

If you *could* stick to the technical topic, you would be more appreciated and appear less foolish.

[1. See thread titled "amplify 40kHz audio signal using TL082: first two stages are fine, but high noise from the third stage", around March 17 2005.]
--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

Yeah. I'm 2 sheets to the wind now, but I think I got the math right. Check me?

I'm looking forward to the 40 kHz thread. I blew it off before. If I'd just have expanded it... I see that troll lemon juice has cycled (as in period) back in to the NG.

--
Best Regards,
Mike

Probably ordered at his EMPLOYER'S expense. That's part of the reason I plan to "out" Fred... get his scum-bag ass unemployed.

...Jim Thompson

"John Woodgate" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@jmwa.demon.co.uk...

(That should be Idc / (2 f), incidentally.)

Your analysis is consistent with one assuming infinite capacitance. I more or less agree that this can be a reasonable assumption in many cases. But there is a case that I believe will often benefit from the finite C model (and analysis). That is where the unregulated supply is expected to have significant ripple because some switching converter(s) follow(s) it. You do not have to get close to the 180 degree conduction angle to get significant RMS current reduction when more ripple is allowed. As I recall, the RMS value of the charging current, (when holding DC current constant), varies close to inversely with conduction angle. (The charging pulse shape changes a bit, so the relationship is not exact, but it is good enough for deciding where to initially set things.)

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

That was not posted to impress you, great one. It was posted to help Mac further develop his own understanding, an effort he appears to be earnestly making. Would that you could do as well. But you are far to exaltable for that.

[invective cut]

Mainly because Mac now knows where to find it if he is interested and I have no need or desire to prove anything to you. What is really funny is that if I did go dredge up that analysis, you would be carping about my effort to impress folks.

--
--Larry Brasfield
email: donotspam_larry_brasfield@hotmail.com
Above views may belong only to me.
Reply to
Larry Brasfield

I read in sci.electronics.design that Larry Brasfield wrote (in ) about '9V 1A schematic needed', on Sat, 19 Mar 2005:

I re-examined my models. With a refinement of one, I can predict the

*small* increase reported by someone else. The original model assumed that the output ripple was negligible, thus restricting the range of filter capacitor values. If you include in the range of capacitor values, those so small that very large amounts of ripple occur, and the conduction angle approaches 180 degrees, you get much more change of r.m.s current, but so much ripple is not normally realistic.
'What is a Moebius strip?'
John Woodgate