Subject Author Posted Replies

Help me Quick
Hi, I am in exams now, so please do not reply with Bell character this got me in trouble before. I need answer to question, only 10 minutes time remain. It is a multiple choice question, it reads:...
12
12

Re: Internals of Multiband 850-2400MHz Antenna
There is insufficient detail on the datasheet to tell how it works. You can make somewhat simple multiband antennas naturally if the bands are harmonically related. You can insert traps in the antenna...
1
1

ESD zap
Suppose I have an instrument with a field connector that could get ESD zaps on a pin. If, inside my box, the pin first goes to a 10K 1206 resistor, then some clamps, might an ESD zap arc over the...
50
50

dma on DDR ram main memory? - High Speed Data Logging Sought
Greetings, I was interested in how a rapid data-gathering computer could do ADC on various sensors and then store quantities of data to disk continuously. At first I thought dma, but then considered...
20
20

Do any of you guys post on Electronic Stack Exchange?
Are any of you guys also members of Electronic Stack Exchange? Cheers, Larry Harson
5
5

Experts, bosses and C.E.Os.
I have to post this in the event no one here has seen it. I recently did. I would expect many to identify with the "expert" here and have had similar Yes Men managers trying to appease their own boss,...
9
9

OT: You know you're old...
You know you're old... When your son asks you to baby sit, so he can go to his 25th High School Reunion :-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
19
19

VP2450 Spice Model
I'm behaviorally modeling a _system_ that includes the discrete device Supertex VP2450. At the Supertex/Microchip site, it says no Spice model available :-) Does anyone know of a model? Thanks! ...Jim...
14
14

Back-of-Envelope Rationale for Machine Learning and Sensing
This short note focuses on a pattern recognition layer behind a sensor system, particularly where the sensor gathers mixed and noisy data. Let's use a NIR detector system .8-1.8 microns. A...

Standard Method to Take Ambient RF Readings
I have a couple of handheld RF meters I use in the lab. Recently I was asked to take some ambient readings around a several block area, near a school, where there are cell towers nearby. I would like...
65
65

LT spice error
On simulation, I am getting this error : trouble converting to curly brace notation: mismatched single quotes in "K{(Uo*Cox/2)175.4-35.6uA/V^2" My connections are correct. What might be wrong?
9
9

LED garage lights
Bright lights! Two of these: MPJA # 31325 OP "1000 Lumen, 10W, Super Bright, Cool White LED Module" running at 1/2 power outperform two of these: 20 Watt, 24 Inch T12 Cool White Fluorescent Bulb, in...
13
13

Is there an app which will stress TEST a cellphone battery?
Is there freeware which will expressly stress test a cellphone battery? There are plenty of battery saver Android apps (e.g., Battery Doctor); but, is there a specific Android battery stress-test...
50
50

Behavioral Differential Pair
A Behavioral Differential Pair... "B_DIFF_PAIR.pdf" has been added to the Device Models & Subcircuits page of my website... "A behavioral differential pair built around the TANH function; voltage and...

RF Resonant Dipoles Absorb to Ground
We have a situation where a tuned vertical dipole antenna is broadcasting at 450MHz. Due to EMI, we would like to restrict its transmission to a 60 degree arc on one side. IOW make it...
21
21