Schoen"

with a HV =3D

8x =3D
8000 =3D

=3D

by a PIC:

too.

be=20

My drafting skills are all about driving CAD/CAE tools now. I don't = think i have done any hand work worth a tinkers damn for decades. I would be too embarrassed to post any of my hand work, tain't pretty.

Reply to
josephkk

Am 13.07.2011 12:48, schrieb Spehro Pefhany:

funny idea! I thought the schematic has not been completed yet. Is the current limit reliable?

Alexander

Reply to
Alexander

=

PIC:

I post whiteboards and hand scribbles all the time. A couple of old farts whine and cluck, and I ignore them. It's not as though they post much new stuff themselves.

I often put whiteboard photos into proposals and preliminary manuals. My customers are starting to do it back at me. CAD drafting wastes a lot of time, when you're doing preliminary stuff.

Hey, show us some of your schematics and boards.

John

John

Seems fine. Here's a test of the LM317L, TO-92:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/LM317L_ilim.JPG

It's cycling in and out of thermal limit. The only thing I don't like is the volt or so it drops. Somebody should design and sell some serious current limiter chips.

John

HV =

a PIC:

That does give you the option to put all the pins in one place, or to scatter them if that works better. For example, on a 96 pin VME connector, it's nice to have all the data bus pins at the data transceivers, and all the address pins near the address decoder.

We could always put all the pins together, and draw a cosmetic D-shaped, or RJ45-shaped, outline around them, but we don't.

We do have a few connectors that are inseparable components, like an RJ45 with magnetics, the Mictor, and a couple of JTAGs.

That too!

Yeah, it drives me crazy when people just name nets the same on different sheets. PADS will tell you all the sheets a net appears on, but you have to ask. Once it's printed, it gets much worse.

John

If it were a few heterogeneous parts, particularly if mechanically separate, that's one thing. But a component per pin is *ugly*. Why don't you do that for CPUs too?

I do, for DSubs. Other connectors I try to make looks something like the connector. Headers are pretty easy to draw. ;-)

Do you have the magnetics drawn in? My former boss (at least I assume that's who did it) drew all the individual inductors into the RJ45. I wouldn't go that far, but I have made RJ45s that look like RJ45s (ditto USB).

Ick! Sometimes it's necessary to avoid spaghetti but it's hard as hell for someone else to read.

OrCAD doesn't connect them. Unfortunately, that's the only way to isolate power in a hierarchical schematic, too. Power symbols are, by definition, global.

Reply to
krw

Not 5kV, but close to 1 kV (peak); they're PERFECT for those little hovering flyers that never seem to alight anywhere. I've been happy with one for years. You can even see the little critters spark, sometimes,

Had a bunch of moths that were feeding on, of all things, an old sack of popcorn. I was swatting at 'em for days before I found their larder.

Reply to
whit3rd

I took seven years of drafting courses all told. REAL drafting courses, not this casual CAD crap these lazy retards these days are "learning". Jeez any idiot can use CAD apps. Using them right is another story. Gleaning all you need from a "modern" course is even harder. Most "modern" teachers are turkeys too. When you find a good teacher, you should stick with that school. The schools that hire idiots and call them teachers are the schools to avoid.

Most fresh out of school punks these days not only do not know what a T-Square is, the idiots do not know needed things like knowledge of finish marks, etc.

Most of today's punks are WAY undereducated in the areas that really count.

This is why none of the metal work these days has been deburred.

I'd almost bet that half the metal shops do not know what the term means, from some of the work I have seen.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Since there is no such thing as a MS or PhD in drafting, and extremely few BS graduates in engineering have 4-plus years in drafting courses in college and high-school combined...

How can you explain that you were in school for 7 years for drafting?

--
 - Don Klipstein (don@donklipstein.com)
Reply to

You ain't real bright, boy.

Our area's industrial arts program was pretty good.

I was in woods and drafting courses from the 7th grade on. You do the math.

Hint:

That only leaves one at the secondary level. It was an elective.

Nice job though, of acting just as dumb as John Larkin.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

By repeating them several times?

Reply to
John S

Yep, seven years of 9th-grade drafting.

Reply to
krw

So, is that what glimmer means? He only got a glimmer of what's going on?

Reply to
John S

Perhaps that's what he means but he's AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw

Looks like he's home from his Saturday job.

Reply to
John S

extremely

Weekend release.

Reply to
krw

extremely

drafting?

And kicking your asses with such great ease.

How can it be that such a person can so easily beat down such scientific giants?

Oh yeah... it because you are all such legends.

Or could it be because your lies show you for the immature little bastards that you are?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

Are you sure you understand Usenet?

Then, there is the misplacement of the second quotation mark. Read the headers, idiot.

Do you have anything going on that involves right thinking?

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

extremely

drafting?

AlwaysWrong, you're funny when you're so wrong.

What you get from the government is called "welfare", AlwaysWrong.

To such a dim bulb, it must seem so.

Mommy's hamper is calling, AlwaysWrong.

Reply to
krw