$400 keyboard

Bizarre, when I clicked on it said I had bought it at one time, I did several years back for the lab PC. Definitely didn't pay that for it, it was maybe $40.

Garbage keyboard, it started mis-firing within about 8 months and the key-caps are very difficult to remove without breaking them. All of my $4.99 surplus HP keyboards from the Goodwill have lasted way longer.

Reply to
bitrex

I'm typing on one now. It's OK. I definitely didn't pay $400 for it. I need two new keyboards, but not Logitech.

I think some people (Amazon, ebay, Digikey) have some insanely priced stuff, assuming that someone will buy them for some reason.

I do like to remove keycaps and add some glue or something to disable them. Caps lock, insert.

bitrex

On the other hand,

I got this one about a year ago. Only tested (not in everyday use yet) but feels as good as it could feel.

Dimiter_Popoff

Do you actually use protoboard like this? I usually went directly to PCBs. If I used protoboard, I would use the no copper perfboard and just bend leads and use jumper wire. The copper on the boards just got in the way. For surface mount I liked the 'surfboards' without the leads. Double stick tape them to copper clad and use that as a ground plane. I always believed I could of designed the surfboards better. For one, they should have had copper clad on the back so I could use that as the power plane and then double stick tape it to the ground plane.

Reply to
Wanderer<dont

But I was impressed by the price.

No. It's ugly and confusing. I dremel copperclad and use surface-mount adapters, or quick-turn 4-layer PCBs.

I had a few square feet of copperclad gold plated both sides. I shear it up into rectangles to make protos. It's beautiful.