300 amp power supply

I understand that's not the case. The output voltage seems always quite below the input voltage.

joe

Reply to
joe hey

That's what I've been telling captoro all along.

I suggested "RUN" >:-}

...Jim Thompson

Read more carefully. ...Jim Thompson

Hi jim. My client cant promise or sign a contract that would make us the dedicated supplier in the case we come up with a module. And from what you told me. I t is not a smart configuration. But then again he does not want to give me the3 full detail of the project.

Reply to
captoro

Find another contract job. ...Jim Thompson

Not always easy to find...

Reply to
captoro

Life is hard and then you die >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Get the "manager" to tell you _exactly_ how he wants it done... in writing.

Then build it _exactly_ as he prescribes.

When it blows all-to-hell, produce the writing (make sure you keep a copy off-site :-) ...Jim Thompson

I understand you need to keep the job: So build an analog dropper between alternator and "module", big heatsink, and FAN.

"Analog Dropper" = FET array with controls to make it a variable drop.

Up to 1kW of dissipation >:-} ...Jim Thompson

Thats a very good idea to have his specification written down. Thanks

Reply to
captoro

A massive failure won't make it any easier.

Reply to
krw

On Fri, 25 Sep 2015 18:27:43 -0700 (PDT), captoro Gave us:

In the software dev community, it is referred to as a requirements analysis. That way when the dev supplies what was agreed upon, the customer cannot then come back and say stupid shit like "but why doesn't it do *this*? You must know that it need to do *this*..." That is when you get more money for continued program development instead of the customer acting as if you should feel obligated to provide something which was never originally agreed upon.

People also provide contract quotes against such "legally binding instruments" as "the requirements analysis".

Hardware works the same way.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

That reminds me of Richard Feynman's comments on the computer group he headed. The 'computers' were enlistees, it was on the Manhattan project. In the first nine months, they completed three calculations. He got permission to tell his people what they were working on, and in the next three months they finished nine calculations.

Workers in the dark are being poorly managed.

Reply to
whit3rd

Ok, let's go:

Subject: 300 amp power supply From: captoro

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 17:53:55 -0700 (PDT) I am designing a 300 amp 18v input dc 15v output dc.

Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 20:16:12 -0700 (PDT) Actually he needs 14.5v not 15v.

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 07:48:51 -0700 (PDT)

18vdc input 14.5v dc output at 300 amps.!

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 11:38:18 -0700 (PDT) The source is an alternator outputing 14.5v to a battery bank.

(WTF?)

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:18:41 -0700 (PDT) My clients says the alternator gives anything between 16 to 18v dc.

Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 18:12:23 -0700 (PDT) Apparantly the voltage varies between 16v to 18v

Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 15:00:13 -0700 (PDT) The alternator should give anywhere between 14.5v to 16v but a max of 18v should be configured

Darn, you're right! Sorry :)

joe

Reply to
joe hey

On 26 Sep 2015 08:51:49 GMT, joe hey Gave us:

Yes, you are. You have been trolling this group for a couple weeks now.

Piss off, idiot.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

d supplier in the case we come up with a module. And from what you told me. It is not a smart configuration. But then again he does not want to give m e the3 full detail of the project.

If he can't give you more info than you've given us, you don't even have en ough info to know the end result will work.

I see no reason to torture yourself with this mad project, why are you so d esperate? I suspect you are your own client, you've come up with something that you may want to patent if it works so won't tell us much. But you aren 't giving anyone enough info to work with. That approach pretty much guaran tees failure.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Sorry, I paid for this internet connection and now I'll use it too. Whether you like it or not.

joe

Reply to
joe hey

And You, Me and everyone that works and pays in, is most likely paying for his connection.

Jamie

Reply to
M Philbrook

On 27 Sep 2015 17:58:50 GMT, joe hey Gave us:

You do not seem it, chump, you epitomize it.

Your ill written paragraph response proves it.

Spare you? I'd like to drop a spare tire on your head from about four stories or higher up.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Sun, 27 Sep 2015 14:14:15 -0400, M Philbrook Gave us:

You have all the intelligence of a freshly laid turd.