11-year old "engineer" needs counseling

What do you have in mind by "reasonable chance"?

What is "the size of a bomb"?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

wrote

That's what Joerg needs to do. No red wires, no blue wires, no

*phut!*.

Don't all high schools allow this?

Reply to
krw

We're going to need a bigger pickup!

Reply to
krw

Already done with California. I guess I'm just too impatient.

Reply to
krw

Xenon

it

terminals

timers...

In California or Vermont (The Queen Mountain State) sure.

Reply to
krw

One of our profs took a large cap and slid it behind his receptionist's chair (from a doorway behind her workstation) and laid a screwdriver across it. She pissed her pants. He had tenure. ;-)

Reply to
krw

In which case, if the explosive is visible, cut it away. Of course, if the bomber is more than a retard it's going to have all kinds trips like tilt switches and proximity sensors.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I'm in one of the most remote regions of India where electricity other than batteries had been available for only a few years when I finished high school. Our science teacher, a French-Canadian RC brother in our mission school, told us that while mains voltage (230V over here) was dangerous, batteries weren't. To demonstrate, he brought a tube radio battery, inserted a pair of wires into the 90V outlet and held the ends with his (dry) hands.

Most of us kids already knew it wasn't as simple as that, and one of my classmates told him to put both wire tips to his tongue. He did. /That/ too was priceless.

Reply to
pimpom

Sure, but there is no ground at first...

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

10 x 9V batteries in series would be just as effective.

I don't think I've seen a 90V "B" battery since I was about 12, and even then it was probably an old dead one. How long ago were they available in remote regions of India?

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

wrote

Maybe by now, but some didn't have enough parking so the only ones allowed were the ones in the co-op programs and it was almost impossible to be assigned a space.

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

Xenon

it

terminals

full

shot that

In a few years, most won't even know what a CRT is. :(

--
Greed is the root of all eBay.
Reply to

9V batteries were still not in common use here then. It was either 90V or D cells.

Don't remember for sure, but I think they were quite rare by the end of the 60s. Let's see..... I finished high school when I was

15 and started teaching myself electronics in my teens while doing my B.Sc. I remember designing and building mains adapters for legacy 90V tube radios. Yeah, transistors and proper mains-operated tubes had taken over by then and only those who'd bought those 90V sets in the 50s and early 60s had them by the end of the 60s and early 70s.
Reply to
pimpom

The "B" cells I remember were 63 Volts.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

Sure that wasn't 6.3V for the filament heater?

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

I said "B" supply, dingledorf. They were hand held two-way radios of the Korean War era. I wish I still had them as I am sure they are worth something now.

Reply to
Archimedes' Lever

If there was an ice cube in there, too, it could work. Waste of a gage, though.

Reply to
whit3rd

wrote

Every high school I've seen in twenty years has cars parked everywhere. Apparently a lot of seniors don't have full days anymore. They've dumbed the curriculum down so much that they can skate the last year. The leave when their classes are over.

Reply to
krw

I do not think there is much of a market for rotted 50 year old "B" batteries.

--
Dirk

Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

The batteries were available long after the radios stopped being used. They may still be available.

Archimedes' Lever