102,400 one-shots

Adiabatic logic with AC supply rail.

RL

Reply to
legg

That seems to be a great theme for academic papers. Has it been done in real life?

Interesting.

So how does it actually work? I have heard some uses phased arrays so no need for a spinning detector, other uses simple timing detection, but need spinning detector.

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

Short bursts of very high frame rate. Details under NDA, unfortunately.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I will. We're having lunch tomorrow.

This morning we walked in front of a Waymo that courteously stopped at the crosswalk. There was nobody inside. Spinning gadgets all over it. Creepy.

I have a lot of cool old data books, but not that one. I'll hunt for one.

Do the one-shots store the hits until you can read them all out?

Thanks. Some of those old data books are worth reading. My GE SCR Manual has some interesting topologies.

Engineers had to do more math when they didn't have Spice.

I was just talking to a physicist who works for EPRI researching water flow all over the world. He paid for dinner at the Anchor Oyster Bar, which is fabulous.

He says he does snippets of calculus to project river flows. I noted that calculus is hard and nonlinear calculus is about impossible, so we EEs simulate. He pretty much agreed, but he doesn't have anything like LT Spice. Circuits are easy to simulate compared to clouds and rivers.

Apparently EE students generally take three semisters of calculus. And probably never use it. Seems a waste. I took Honors Math at Tulane and we did crazy abstract-math stuff. I think I got about a week of calculus.

See above.

(Not meaning to be coy--it's for a lidar project that's under NDA.)

I thought that putting that many one-shots on a chip was fairly amusing, is all. (If the chip were bigger, we could set it to music and go on tour--"Five hundred twenty-five thousand, six hundred one shots...." (It even scans.) ;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

When the inductor is shorted, its current will decay at the L/R rate, which may be far slower than the oscillation period of the LC tank when L is not shorted.

EPC2007C was discussed some time ago. It has a very low on resistance. I imagine it's best to short the inductor only when current is flowing in the correct direction.

Yes. We normally think of this as starting with a charged capacitor, and forget the dual situation. But a "charged" inductor will do nicely.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joe Gwinn

The "in theory" stipulation allows me to use ideal parts.

Thanks for the link.

My first databook was RCA CMOS 4000 book, back when I was a kid. I had only one electronics book, so I spend countless hours looking through all the datasheets. In the end of the databook, was a couple of chapters on how to use inverter stages in different ways, for example the trick of biasing it for a simple amplifier configuration.

Reply to
Klaus Vestergaard Kragelund

Good luck with finding even one. Selling LTSpice simulations doesn't seem to be a practical business model.

Reply to
Anthony William Sloman