We're headed in the right direction

"But what's clear is that we're headed in the right direction." President Obama, August 16, 2010

Note: Federal Government jobs does not include temporary census workers.

MikeK

Reply to
amdx

st 16, 2010

Not to worry, our part-time President--sworn not to rest until his work's done--is off to his 6th vacation in 5 weeks, this time for 10 days in Martha's Vineyard.

Meanwhile, the wind has blown The Emperor's New Wasteulus Package skirt up, as if he were Marilyn Monroe:

g/719129/?cid=3D12

-- Grins, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Hey, don't you take ten vacations a year?

Crap, the double-dipper was obvious nine months ago. You don't put a second jockey on the back of a lame horse.

Reply to
krw

More like another fly on a dead horse. Like the swarm of flies around dimbulb's head.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

econd

It wasn't obvious to me. My math said the economy was trying hard to get off its back, and that it well could, esp. if Mr. O took his boot off its neck. Instead, he stepped harder.

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Kinda makes you think he doesn't want the patient to thrive.

Reply to
amdx

e:

..

second

Right, but instead of letting the horse alone while he recovered, Obummer was in process of adding jockeys, as he *SAID* he was going to do. There were no surprises.

Obama has done exactly what he said he was going to do, all along, and yet people are surprised at the results.

Reply to
keithw86

e:

..

Particularly dumb when you consider that you can't redistribute what isn't.

Reply to
keithw86

The problems with the US economy are long-term. All this boom-and-bust is just noise on top of the real trend.

Unfortunately, what Obama and Pelosi and the other idiots are doing is to seriously worsen the longterm prospects of the US economy.

There's no quick fix. Building productivity is a slow process, and destroying it is a lot quicker, about the same ratio as putting up buildings to burning them down.

Just yesterday O was talking about how important small business is and how much help we need. What we need from government is less, not more. We need ways to build assets and hire employees, not more lines of credit.

John

te:

a second

I don't worry about the cycles, just the underlying machine. It's being serviced by techs with big screwdrivers.

Yep. They want to help. They don't realize they're the problem.

Difference being we're not rebuilding from utter destruction; it's not a total bootstrap. Permitted, entrepreneurs would gush forth, making and improving every imaginable thing. That was our secret--anybody could invent something on the weekend, and start a blockbuster company.

That whole process yields the most efficient allocation of economic resources the world has ever known, hence the best productivity. Productivity =3D standard of living.

I see that we could recover very quickly--it's physically possible. At the same time, it's being politically prevented. Mr. O's bent on destroying capital, punishing innovation, and choosing (without the requisite skill) winners and losers, for political gain. IOW, a complete disaster & misallocation of resources.

He doesn't understand the difference between value and credit, only patronage and appeasement. He thinks we can spend our way out of debt, borrow our way to prosperity, as he tried in his personal life. He doesn't understand very much.

James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Boom-and-bust is caused by government meddling.

Permanent bust. It's what they want; equality. ...everyone being equally miserable.

The fix is quick enough. Remove the boot!

Small business often lives on credit to even out cash flow (farms often do the similar, selling futures). My CPoE had a seasonal business so was in a world of hurt because of the credit crunch, last year. They had to lay off several employees and the cut the pay of the rest. The cash flow improved late last year, so things got much better.

Reply to
krw

second

No, they're using sledges.

I don't think they do. They don't *want* success. The left hates it.

...and you think he "wants to help"?

Understatement of the year!

Reply to
krw