$10 wok keeps TV station on air

Why pay $20,000 for a commercial link to run your television station when a $10 kitchen wok from the Warehouse is just as effective?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Plus $20K of free engineering time!

Al

Reply to
Al

Probably paid for in beer!

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

What? $20K for a tomato paste can and a pin diode? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The BBC used an aluminium saucepan blank in the construction of a temporary televison transmitter aerial in the 1950s and I have used a dustbin lid as a parabolic reflector for recording birdsong.

Now what can I make with that empty washing up liquid bottle....?

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

A vinegar/soda rocket? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Is that effective only during daylight hours or do they "Wok around the clock"?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

So where are all the details? Any link to that site?

"People wanted to know all the details about how to make their own, so it is now all publicly documented," he said.

Reply to
maxfoo

Spent 1/2 hour this morning searching google. None are the "Ken Jones" designed wok antenna. Maybe too insignificant for google I guess... Yahoo neither...

Reply to
maxfoo

Googling for (wok antenna zealand) got a number of interesting hits.

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Not legal for a commercial TV station in th US. Used 7 GHz STL equipment was under $5,000 US the last time I looked. Sometimes 11 GHz CARS band equipment can be used, as well. WACX in Orange City/ Orlando has two 7 GHz and one 11 GHz systems in use.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Helical antenna? or Cantenna?, with a bit of Al foil

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Probably don't want a "Cantenna":