xtals

I'm looking for xtals on the 72 MHz RC band. They seem expensive from the hobby sites. Does anybody know of a better source? In particular, I'm looking for a few on channel 24, which is 72.27 MHz.

Thanks

--
Regards,
  Bob Monsen

If a little knowledge is dangerous, where is the man who has
so much as to be out of danger?
                                  Thomas Henry Huxley, 1877
Reply to
Bob Monsen

The FCc stole much of the band for some other service. Used to be RC xmtrs didn't need xtals.

and click on 30-300MHz and scroll over a bit. (.PDF)

Reply to
Watson A.Name - "Watt Sun, th

The rule for crystals may be the case (I have no idea), but I can't see someone making one of those without a crystal. You don't want it drifting out of the passband at a crucial moment, you put it in all kinds of environment where an LC circuit may drift more than usual, and you want it all in a small package that isn't the best thing for a nice stable LC oscillator.

I suspect few did not use crystals, after a certain era (which may predate the allocation of the 72MHz RC band).

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

rc channels 11-60 are area are 20kHz apart, starting at 72.01 MHz.

AFIK, all RC transmitters and receivers use crystals. The FCC probably doesn't want RC transmitters broadcasting random PCM into TV channel 4, interrupting those soap operas.