Why no H11F1 OptoFET?

Let me give you some advice.

Making assumptions may seem clever and time-saving but it's not. It's another word for a guess and it's very likely to be wrong at least half of the time.

Assumptions have created disasers. Don't make them. Either you know something or you don't. There is no inbetween. If in doubt ASK !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Do you know of any, specifically? That would be help I can use, if you can name some.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Wrong. It's highly relevant.

Or cheapest. Or most convenient. Or uses up the dead stock on-hand.

I'd like to see you justify them. I disagree that they are widely justified in fact.

FETs aren't actually that resistor like except at very small signal amplitudes. Beyond that, linearirty goes to pot.

I don't need to.

I can see why the part is being obsoleted. You can't however it seems. The suggested applications themselves are obsolete. That's why.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

£2.50

25p !

The opto-fet is far too expensive to be considered a basic part. It's a boutique part.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Interesting, but a poor range of resitance between light/dark.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

H11F3 is cheaper.

Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

The F11F1 is specified to 99.9% linearity. Sounds ok to me.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Adequate for most applications. It's no trouble getting 90dB attenuation.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

And the laser diode it will be protecting and modulating is worth ten times more. Possibly hundreds of times more. Are those boutique parts too, or are you just trying to be derogatory for fun? I paid a lot less than £2.50 per H11F1 even though I only bought twenty. Several basic op-amps cost more each.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

You've clearly misunderstood the data sheet. What I mention is inherent to all jfets.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Yes, I might use those. Right now I'm testing stuff, if I can relax restrictions I will. Not much good if all the H11F's are being dumped though.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

But you won't be able to buy them at all soon it seems.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

So long as it's there, I can scale it to the range I need.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Newark has lots of them......Paul

catguy

innews: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com:

Then you are wrong. He is a petty, depressed person with serious mental problems. He lives to argue, lies through his teeth, and in general is a total waste of time. He despises anyone outside of England, and loves to talk about killing Americans. he wants everyone to be as miserable as he is.

Since you use Google Groups you can't see the continuous stream of garbage he dumps on news:alt.binaries.schematics.electronic but some can be seen on news:sci.electronics.design or

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"catguy" wrote in news:Gk_3i.167134$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe13.lga:

Nice find, price is good too. I don't know how long they'll have them, but I think I'll ask my US friend who helped me get the last lot. Thankyou.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Newark IS Farnell.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Point taken, but the price difference is large. In modest quantities that's much less than half the cost, buying from the US, even after Paypal fees and exchange rate conversion and postage costs.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

You lose signal to noise ratio by scaling the input unfortunately.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

innews: snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net:

Doesn't Newark still have something like a $200 minimum order?

Reply to
gordon.mott