Sad news re: a great source of everything

At the Dayton Hamvention over the weekend; I chatted with Sandy and others staffers at Mendelsons.

They are turning their main downtown building [constructed ~1900 by Charles Kettering, with its 2 foot-thick floors, and many tons of EVERYTHING] into condos.

In doing so, they will be cutting way back on floorspace & moving the stock to burbs somewhere. [The Kettering building alone was about 1E6 ft^2...]

Sure there's lots of junk but there is also lots of junque...

Hurry over to meci.com and buy it now....or better, go there and see it while you can..

David Lesher

That sucks. Guess it's time to take a trip back out to Dayton, anyways.

Reply to
gordon.mott

Speaking of which, has the Pasadena C&H store actually closed yet?

Reply to
mc

Still barely hanging on, last I heard.

Now that's a rep--when somebody down in Athens knows about a place on the Left Coast.

Reply to
JeffM

I used to live on Rosemead Boulevard. (24 years ago!) Revisited the old neighborhood in January and found C&H shutting down.

Reply to
mc