MOC3043 / 3063 / 3163

These are zero-voltage crossing opto-coupled triac drivers I hope to use for my application where a studio is experiencing random mains clicks by building them into a PCB that will ensure zero-voltage / current turn on / off of certain loads.

They seem to be readily available but I have only found Fairchild as a major manufacturer. I'm a bit touchy about using single sourced parts. Despite the MOC prefix, On Semi don't seem to have them.

Does anyone know of suitable alternate / alternative parts ?

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

:These are zero-voltage crossing opto-coupled triac drivers I hope to use :for my application where a studio is experiencing random mains clicks by :building them into a PCB that will ensure zero-voltage / current turn on :/ off of certain loads. : :They seem to be readily available but I have only found Fairchild as a :major manufacturer. I'm a bit touchy about using single sourced parts. :Despite the MOC prefix, On Semi don't seem to have them. : :Does anyone know of suitable alternate / alternative parts ? : :Graham

A simple Google search shows that Isocom also make this device.

Ross Herbert

Yes, I saw them but are they a significant manufacturer ? I'm surprised more manufacturers don't appear to do zero-crossing triac drivers.

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Eeyore schrieb:

They are pretty common.

Toshiba also builds them, named TLP30xx.

At Vishay, their name is VO30xx.

The former Motorola parts went to Global Optoelectronics, then to QT, and finally to Fairchild - not to On Semi, so you can't find them there.

There even are clones like those of optoinc.com.

I think you don't need to worry about availability of these parts.

Tilmann

Reply to
Tilmann Reh

: : :Ross Herbert wrote: : :> Eeyore wrote: :>

:> :These are zero-voltage crossing opto-coupled triac drivers I hope to use :> :for my application where a studio is experiencing random mains clicks by :> :building them into a PCB that will ensure zero-voltage / current turn on :> :/ off of certain loads. :> : :> :They seem to be readily available but I have only found Fairchild as a :> :major manufacturer. I'm a bit touchy about using single sourced parts. :> :Despite the MOC prefix, On Semi don't seem to have them. :> : :> :Does anyone know of suitable alternate / alternative parts ? :> : :> :Graham :>

:> A simple Google search shows that Isocom also make this device. :>

: :Yes, I saw them but are they a significant manufacturer ? I'm surprised more :manufacturers don't appear to do zero-crossing triac drivers. : :Graham

Isocom have been around for donkeys ages. I was buying their products back in the early 90's.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Taiwan manufacturer Lite-on makes some similar models with MOC prefix.

Motorola divested their optoelctronics to QT, which in turn was gobbled up by Fairchild.

There are functionally similar products from Toshiba and others, just have a look and compare specs and package/pinouts. This is not at all a rare functionality. If anything it's too jellybean for some suppliers.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Ah yes, I see Farnell stock them too. Thanks. And Fairchild do some internal house number ones too with diode trigger currents as low as 2 mA !

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

house

Make sure you have enough margin on the trigger current to cover both temperature and time effects.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

more

in

house

You read my mind. ;~)

Graham

-- due to the hugely increased level of spam please make the obvious adjustment to my email address

Reply to
Eeyore

Thanks for the extra sources.