Where to find Sony LCD for camcorder viewfinder

Hi,

My Grandma has just given me an old JVC camcorder that was her late husbands. It has been stored in a cold garage and the view finder has lost it's colour.

I have opened it up and found the component details as below but I've searched on Google and RS and can't find the part anywhere. Where should I be looking for this part?

Sony LCX0058K-8

630D99K

Many thanks for your help on this

Simon

Reply to
Simon960

"Simon960" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

'Colour'? As not 'color' I'll suggest CPC in Preston, Lancashire. They often have device-specific parts. If this LCD was anything like standard, they might still have one.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

Well spotted! Thanks for the very fast response, I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks

Sim> "Simon960" wrote in

Reply to
Simon960

Are you sure that's the cause?

Reply to
Homer J Simpson

Just a thought - was it originally colour? It may have been only b&w...

Baloo

Reply to
Baloo

This is not a failure mode for color LCDs. The viewfinder is either monochrome, OR it is being driven off the composite video signal and there is a problem in the chroma path, e.g. open-circuit electrolytic capacitor.

Inspect the LCD closely, under magnification. If it is color you will be able to observe the RGB triads very easily. On this type of LCD they would normally be in a staggered (diagonal) pattern.

Reply to
zwsdotcom