New Sony viewfinder component

Hi,

My Grandma has just given me an old JVC camcorder that was her late husbands. It has been stored in a cold garage and the view finder has lost it's colour.

I have opened it up and found the component details as below but I've searched on Google and RS and can't find the part anywhere. Where should I be looking for this part?

Sony LCX0058K-8

630D99K

Many thanks for your help on this

Simon

Reply to
Simon960

This is a Sony part only. Call Sony to find out who their closest parts supplier is located for you. I have my doubts that this part is still available.

Another way to find this part is to do a Google search, and then call any dealers that have it listed.

--

JANA _____

My Grandma has just given me an old JVC camcorder that was her late husbands. It has been stored in a cold garage and the view finder has lost it's colour.

I have opened it up and found the component details as below but I've searched on Google and RS and can't find the part anywhere. Where should I be looking for this part?

Sony LCX0058K-8

630D99K

Many thanks for your help on this

Simon

Reply to
JANA

Could it be a B+W crt-based viewfinder?

H. R. Hofmann

Sim> Hi,

Reply to
hrhofmann

Are you sure the viewfinder was color to start with? Just because the camera is color doesn't mean the viewfinder is. if it is a LCD, and displaying a good B&W image, but is supposed to be in color there are other problems.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

What does the part look like and how do you know it's the problem? You haven't said anything about what diagnostics you did on the circuit.

Reply to
James Sweet

You just answered your own question, jerk. It's a Sony and Sony makes shit.

Reply to
Malissa Baldwin

Malissa:

Calm down. Take your pills. Sony makes the BEST. Learn to read Kanji and read Akio Morita's biography. Did I? No...but I've sampled everyone's products for a living.

Reply to
webpa