Where can I find a replacement EHT diode ?

My Gould scope has died, it seems that the EHT supply has died. This is a

2.5kV rail supplied from a 950V secondary and a charge pump. The diodes appear to be blown (I set my variable PSU current limit to 20mA then wound up the voltage to measure Vf - the PSU goes up to 30V, there can't be THAT many junctions in a package 10mm long!)

The scope manual lists them as "IJK60TR 6kV"

Some Googling suggests FM50 or SL1200, but I can't find them either. In fact diodes with this voltage rating seem quite rare. I know I could stack some lower voltage diodes (and bleed resistors) but space is a bit limited.

Can anyone suggest a replacement, or supplier in the UK?

Thanks Nick

Reply to
Nick

fact

Don't replace with seriesed high current diodes, part of the function of these diodes seems to be a fuse to protect transformer over-windings from downstream problems.

N Cook

That IJK60TR part no: sounds a bit microwave oven'ish.

--
Best Regards:
                      Baron.

Try MARK5

Reply to
t w

Try MARK5

Reply to
t w

He meant to say:

Search for 'rectifier'. Pages of 'em; all sorts of voltages .....

--
73,
Jim, G4RGA

Sorry & yes. I've found them very helpful

Reply to
t w

Thanks both, interesting site. One component seems to fit the bill (SKV1/2B3000/2700-1.2) though it's listed as POA. I'll give them a call on Monday. I just hope they're not a silly price or minimum order qty as I can get a replacement 'scope for 75 quid...

Nick

Reply to
Nick

If that fails, then you can try the string of diodes suggested further up the log. Should work.

--
73,
Jim, G4RGA
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Cheemag

If all else fails find an old 1970s B&W TV and steal it's HV inline diode (LOPT HV diode to you folks across the pond). Or an early computer green screen monitor.

John :-#)#

--
  (Please post followups or tech enquires to the newsgroup)  John's
Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9      Call
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
John Robertson