TMS9914ANL

Does anyone know what this Texas Instruments chip is?

TMS9914ANL MES9504

Has 40 pins and looks like a processor.

Reply to
c a l a n d e

I don't know.

I think it was the 9918 that was the video controller, that even had sprites.

The number doesn't ring a bell as a CPU, but I would place it as a support chip at the very least.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Its seems to be a General Purpose Interface Adapter (IEEE 488) peripheral for the TMS9900 microprocessor.

Jack

Reply to
Jack Rouse

Thanks.

Reply to
c a l a n d e

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 22:19:56 GMT, c a l a n d e put finger to keyboard and composed:

First hit (on TMS9914) with Google:

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

I am always surprised how often I can get a hit immediately by using the part number and adding ".pdf". That gets you right away to a datasheet, rather than pages that may be about selling it where there will be little or no information about it.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

On 5 Sep 2005 14:48:21 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@FreeNet.Carleton.CA (Michael Black) put finger to keyboard and composed: