See-through wire mesh to ESD/RFI protect LCD?

Joerg wrote in news:hNQmj.41810$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net:

Ok, maybe indium solder then, like I mentioned in another post. 73.8°C for

65% In 35% Bi. O. K. A. Metalloids in NY make it, I think. It should work well with a resin flux.

Maybe but I want to see what general advice I might get before turning to a specific manufacturer.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

:After trying Google, McMaster, and lots of others: Is there a :see-through (thin) mesh that can be fastened to the back of a steel :panel using conductive epoxy around the perimeter? Preferably something :that can't rust. : :It is to protect a LCD from getting hit by strong fields or really big :ESD zaps. Currently there is only some kind of poly film 1/10th" away :from the LCD (doesn't touch). It's ok if the translucent properties :aren't top notch since the LCD is back-lit pretty well.

Remember those anti-glare screens we used to fit to the front of our green phosphor monitors. They had an earthing strap so they were anti-static as well. I found one and the mesh is definitely conductive. Cut the mesh out and perhaps this is an option.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

This mob:

make transparent LCD screens for ESD and EMI protection.

Regards, Allan

Reply to
Allan Herriman

Hi Joerg.

I have in the past used ultra-fine woven copper (alloy) cloth. It's so fine it feels almost like silk. That really stops stuff dead.

Tin Oxide ? coated polyester is another possibility but the resistivity is higher.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Make sure you get a decent 'open area' figure.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Well, it's a thick steel plate which already has a plastic front panel glued onto it.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Good idea. Maybe start a new post with that topic. Or contact several mfgs in addition such as MG Chemicals.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

overlay and tied to GND.

displays.

really reliable conductive epoxy that cures

them. Let's see.

past (cant remember which one, Loctite or

That's one of the companies I have on a list to call on Monday.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

The challenge at this point will be to get them on there, since there already is a poly front film.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Reply to
Joerg

Has to be stainless in this environment and Anthony had pointed me to a company where I found the right stuff:

Now I have to figure out how to mount it. Lots of calls tomorrow to conductive adhesive manufacturers.