S-video

Is there an easy (read cheap) way to convert from SCART output to S=video input?

TIA.

Reply to
ian field

just buy the right cable.

Reply to
feebo

Thanks -

When I finally found my Maplin catalogue, there was an adapter from SCART to S-VHS with 2 extra phono leads for L+R audio, presumably the PC S-VHS input card will extract the audio from the composite?

Reply to
ian field

your mileage might vary but with my nvidia GFX card the svid output is just that - I had to run the audio from the sound card as well and then chucked everything into a little box with a scart plug on one side and svid & 2xPhone on the other (just looks like a big scart plug in the back of my telly)

Reply to
feebo

"ian field" wrote in news:njLoi.2221$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe4-gui.ntli.net:

It won't. S-video is always videoonly with separate audio.

Reply to
Gary Tait

The card's documentation claims it can feed output via S-video to a TV set as well as act as a capture card, but there are no RCA jacks for audio and one illustration shows a S-video to single RCA jack for composite video connection - so I wonder if the manufacturer has used a S-video connector more because its a good fit for the slot plate than strict adherence to the S-video standard.

Reply to
ian field

"ian field" wrote in news:Jxnqi.1858$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe1-gui.ntli.net:

Audio comes from your PC sounccard (or to in the case of a capture card).

They use an S-video jack so S-video can be used, if desired. S-video is simply the Lumiance and Chromiance spearated. The card could simply gate the Chroma onto the Luma line, making it composite.

Reply to
Gary Tait