replacement for 2N1300 transistor.

Hi all,

I am current trying to get a replacement for this 2N1300 because I could not find it in Melbourne. Does anyone know the replacement?

Thanks for helping.

Best regards

Wallace

Reply to
coperation

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com schrieb:

A direct replacement doesn't exist. What kind of application is it?

Regards, Dieter

Reply to
Dieter Wiedmann

datasheetarchive.com says: AF124 ; 2N990 ; TA1763

But these are also made of unobtainium...

Jorgen

Reply to
Jorgen Lund-Nielsen

Hi, Wallace. The 2N1300 is a PNP Germanium RF-IF amp transistor.

Some of the "unobtainium" parts can be replaced with NTE cross-referenced parts. You might want to look for the NTE160:

Their cross-reference is an invaluable tool for repairs, especially on older equipment with oddball transistors or diodes.

$$Search?OpenForm

Your part is available through:

Colourview Electronics

5 Commerce Street Salisbury, Australia Q 4107 07-3275-3188

Try their cross reference next time. Their parts are usually suitable replacements.

Cheers Chris

Reply to
Chris

Hello Jorgen,

Unless it is a single-cell battery application that has to run down to less than 1V it may be possible to substitute with a regular silicon transistor.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Industry Number : 2N1300 NTE Device Number: NTE160 T-PNP,GE-RF/IF AMP,TO-72

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hi Joerg,

That is for a batteries operated radio control model, and this broken transistor is on the receiver side. The receiver side is operating at

7.2V.

I may try a PNP transistor with a higher power rating to see whether it will work, as I do not have the circuit diagram for it and unable to check what is it for.

Thanks everyone for the valueable information.

Best regards

Wallace

Joerg wrote:

Reply to
coperation

Of course, if you replace a germanium transistor with a silicon, the biasing may become an issue.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Reply to
subhash4456

Hello Michael,

Usually not, unless it was biased close to the rail. The only thing that happens is that Vbe increases by 400mV meaning the quiescent current drops a bit. Of course, in a final amplifier situation this can cause things like Iq to get out of hand but in a single stage amp location you are mostly ok.

Another issue to watch out for is oscillation. hfe and ft is usually much higher even for the cheaper silicon pnp varieties.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hi !

We do have stock of the 2N1300 from MOT.

Can you tell us your idea price with QTY request ?

Thanks !

-- Patrick Cheung townt.com Address : 1805, Wu Sang House, 655 Nathan Road, Mongkok, Kowloon, Hong Kong Tel : +852-25055838 Fax : +852-25058121 E-mail : snipped-for-privacy@towntarget.com.hk Web-site :

or

"Dieter Wiedmann" ???????:45488b76$0$27617$ snipped-for-privacy@newsspool2.arcor-online.net...

Reply to
Patrick - townt.com

Hmm, i don't have the 2N1300 how ever, i do have a few

2N1017 around here.. that one is an R.F. IF, Mixer etc..
Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5
Reply to
Jamie