Transistor Replacement

Hello everyone, i am making an intercom whose circuit diagram can be found here:

I have all the components except a transistor BEL 187 which not available in the market. Kindly give any suggestions for replacement of this transistor i.e any other transistor i can use in its place. Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Irfan

Hi, Irfan. You should be able to use a 2N2222A for that transistor without any problem.

Good luck Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks Chris, I am going to try this today.

Reply to
Irfan

If the 2N2222 melts, you might want to try a 2N4401, or even something in a power package; you wouldn't want to use a 2N3055, because there's nowhere near enough base drive, but maybe a darlington would work.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Actually, another BC548 will do just fine !

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

thank you all for ur great replies. Finally i did it. 2n2222a works just fine.

Reply to
Irfan